Pilot road 4 will be out in January

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I wonder if PR5s will be out by the time I finally change my tires :rolleyes:

Glad they sound like a fine tire, like their predecessors apparently have been!

We're gonna be doing bike maintenance at my house on the 26th. Stop by.. we'll look your tires over and let you know if they're still good (translation: we'll talk you into buying new tires :rof: )

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Eric said ".. how many heat cycles it's seen. That, apparently, is what dries the tires up." How right you are. In the old days of Flat

-Track racing some riders would put new tires on top of a flat black roof to cook oils out of the tire to get it the way they wanted.Then they carved them with knives and razor-blades! :rockon:Then they went racing! Rich

Tire grooving though was used to get a particular tread on the side of the tire in the case of track racing. It was and is still done in motocross to increase grip surface area for winning the holeshot. It really had nothing to do with the heat cycles

Phone forumizing with Tapatalk

Ohendo

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh and I also came across this review on the Visor down website

Great review, thanks for the link Cloggy.
As much as I want to try the PR4's and almost pulled the trigger several times... instead I just ordered another rear PR2. I've only seen positive reviews of the '4, but it's so new I figured I'd wait until the next changeout.
I love my PR2 (this will be my third) so I know what I'm getting and have great confidence in it while I push the limits of the bike. I average 10K miles on each rear and have zero gripes.

Keep us posted with updates on your PR4's!