Pieces replaced by GIVI engine wanted - kickstand piece, bolts, etc

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

When I bought my 2008 FZ6 from the dealer, I had them put on a GIVI engine guard for me because I was new to riding. The plan was to take it off later, after more experience and gained confidence.

Anyway, a year later I went to take it off, but I cannot because I realized the dealer did not give me my original parts back. I went back to the dealer and asked for the originals parts back, but they cannot find them. They said they would resolve it for me, but it has been 4 months now and every time I ask about it, they don't have anything for me, so I am posting the GIVI installation instructions to see if anyone has the pieces.

Within the GIVI installation instructions, it shows the bolts, etc that are replaced, and I need that hardware. Also, diagram C shows where the GIVI engine guard replaces the piece that the link for the kick spring clips to. I am missing that piece too--the piece that bolts to the bike.

Let me know please if you have the pieces and how much you want. Thanks.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

When I bought my 2008 FZ6 from the dealer, I had them put on a GIVI engine guard for me because I was new to riding. The plan was to take it off later, after more experience and gained confidence.

Anyway, a year later I went to take it off, but I cannot because I realized the dealer did not give me my original parts back. I went back to the dealer and asked for the originals parts back, but they cannot find them. They said they would resolve it for me, but it has been 4 months now and every time I ask about it, they don't have anything for me, so I am posting the GIVI installation instructions to see if anyone has the pieces.

Within the GIVI installation instructions, it shows the bolts, etc that are replaced, and I need that hardware. Also, diagram C shows where the GIVI engine guard replaces the piece that the link for the kick spring clips to. I am missing that piece too--the piece that bolts to the bike.

Let me know please if you have the pieces and how much you want. Thanks.
I suggest you give the bike to the dealer and tell them to sort it out. Is it a Yamaha dealership? I would also write to Yamaha and ask them to look into it.
There is no way you should be paying for the parts that they lost.
Have you spoken to the MD of the dealer?

Good luck
Neil

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it is a Yamaha dealership. I have contacted Yamaha requesting the pieces, and I still have not heard from them. I will call them again this week. I am really upset about it, and I am not sure if I would buy a Yamaha again.

Thanks

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes, it is a Yamaha dealership. I have contacted Yamaha requesting the pieces, and I still have not heard from them. I will call them again this week. I am really upset about it, and I am not sure if I would buy a Yamaha again.

Thanks
Good luck and don't give up.

Neil

KydeX

Reaction score
Visit site
My advice is that you let the dealer remove it for you as well. I can't open your picture, so I can't tell if your engine guard is the same as mine. But I tried to remove mine on my own and one of the bolts broke off inside the engine block.

It's going in the workshop tomorrow and probably will cost me a lot of money. See thread: http://www.600riders.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45475

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
My advice is that you let the dealer remove it for you as well. I can't open your picture, so I can't tell if your engine guard is the same as mine. But I tried to remove mine on my own and one of the bolts broke off inside the engine block.

It's going in the workshop tomorrow and probably will cost me a lot of money. See thread: Bolt dimension? - Yamaha FZ6 Forums - International FZ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties with removing the GIVI engine guard. I hope it did not cost you too much and did not turn into a bigger job as a result. Thank you for your comments and suggest. I will keep it in mind if I can ever get the orginal pieces, so I can remove the guard.

I still have not heard back from Yamaha about if they have the missing piece. I will try and call them this week. I initially contacted them at the end of July, and they still have not contacted me about if they have or do not have the part. My guess is they do not have it because I have not heard from them. If they would have had it, I am guessing I would have heard from them right away, so they could make a part sale. As you can probably tell, I fairly pessimistic about their level of customer service. I have been asking the dealer for the part for about 6 months now and have been waiting to hear back from Yamaha directly for more than a month. I bought the bike last year brand new, and I fed up with their level of customer service.

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
I have all the pieces you need, & as I don't plan on removing my Givi guards I'll take $20 + shipping for all the bits. Mine are perfect, like new with no corrosion whatsoever as I installed the guards within 500 miles of new. P/M me if you're interested. Best I remember, the you need are 2 allen-head bolts for the upper frame mounts & the centerstand spring mount. Does that sound like it? If there's more I'm sure I have them, I'm just going by memory.

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I have all the pieces you need, & as I don't plan on removing my Givi guards I'll take $20 + shipping for all the bits. Mine are perfect, like new with no corrosion whatsoever as I installed the guards within 500 miles of new. P/M me if you're interested. Best I remember, the you need are 2 allen-head bolts for the upper frame mounts & the centerstand spring mount. Does that sound like it? If there's more I'm sure I have them, I'm just going by memory.

I have sent you a private message, and your message is great news. Thank you.

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site

I have posted the original Givi instructions which show the bolts and etc that are replaced. In addition, I have uploaded a picture which shows where the GIVI guard replaces the piece that the link for the kick spring clips to. It is for the center stand spring mount.

Darth Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Here are the parts I have:

BTW, I looked at your profile album & you've got a great looking bike, best looking FZ I've seen! The red accents really set off the black. You have the seat & bags I want! I'll trade you your seat & bags for my bolts & bracket, LOL! Are you sure you want to take off your Givi engine guard? I think it looks great with the way you have your bike set up.

Last edited:

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the compliment about my FZ6!! I really like my setup, but I want to make a few changes still. I need to change the front springs and add the emulators because my front-end is bottoming out fairly often in bumpy situations. I really like the GIVI bags, and they work perfectly. I have carried more weight in them then supposed to, and they have been fine. I think the seat makes/tops the look of the bike off. I was lucky and found the seat on this forum for sale. It was pretty expensive for me to get it to Canada, and I probably would not have done if I would have known how much it would cost to get to Canada. The seat itself was a good deal, and I really like it. It is really comfortable, although I find I slide down/forward on it sometimes when braking.

Here are the parts I have:

BTW, I looked at your profile album & you've got a great looking bike, best looking FZ I've seen! The red accents really set off the black. You have the seat & bags I want! I'll trade you your seat & bags for my bolts & bracket, LOL! Are you sure you want to take off your Givi engine guard? I think it looks great with the way you have your bike set up.

Darth Fazer

Reaction score
Visit site
Thank you for the compliment about my FZ6!! I really like my setup, but I want to make a few changes still. I need to change the front springs and add the emulators because my front-end is bottoming out fairly often in bumpy situations. I really like the GIVI bags, and they work perfectly. I have carried more weight in them then supposed to, and they have been fine. I think the seat makes/tops the look of the bike off. I was lucky and found the seat on this forum for sale. It was pretty expensive for me to get it to Canada, and I probably would not have done if I would have known how much it would cost to get to Canada. The seat itself was a good deal, and I really like it. It is really comfortable, although I find I slide down/forward on it sometimes when braking.

I'm amazed at the mods we have in common: Cee Bailey screen w/MRA X-creen, Givi engine guard (not long for you!), reflective rim tape, Stebel horn, alarm, stainless steel "Fazer" radiator cover (Powerbronze for me). The mods you have that I don't are on my to-do list: Givi luggage (I'm working on a deal for the same models you have on a friends broken bike), SW Motech electrified tank bag, heated grips (probably Oxford), Top Saddlery seat (much $$$, may be awhile!). I also need to change my fork springs.
We have great tastes!

fazil

Reaction score
Visit site
I am planning to take off givi engine bar also.
Can anyone confirm what parts i need for this operation.
Is the number 9 part enough?

Untitled_1.jpg

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
The centerstand spring retainer and the 2 stainless steel allen-head cap bolts approximately 6 cm in length (Yamaha part #91314-10050-00) that are replaced by part #5 in picture "B" of the Givi installation guide are what you need. See the link below. You will reuse the washers (#6) in picture "B" when reinstalling the OEM bolts but not the spacers (#3).

http://www.600riders.com/forum/atta...nd-piece-bolts-etc-givi-replacement-parts.jpg