Pics of tank bags on your FZ6?

LFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Givi tank lock. Love it. Easy on, easy off.
bu6ezu8u.jpg

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of good suggestions and pics in this thread. Helpful to see what some of the larger tank bags actually look like on the FZ6.

I broke down and bought a Nelson Rigg CL-1035 expandable tank bag to replace the failing Marsee bag that originally spawned this thread.

Profile view on the bike (sorry for bad lighting)...

View attachment 52801

From the left rear of the bike...

View attachment 52802

By itself in the kitchen...

View attachment 52803

Open (not much here -- just a biz box and lots of room)...

View attachment 52804

This was one of the selling points for this bag. It was the only one I found which advertised expanded room enough for a full face helmet. I wear an Arai Signet-Q XL and have already had a new office space at work show it's disdain for my huge noggin' with lockers too narrow and filing cabinets too shallow to hold my Arai. Not a problem for the Nelson Rigg CL-1035...

View attachment 52805

Now -- it JUST BARELY fits the XL helmet...but it DID zip closed...

View attachment 52806

Granted -- I will have to remove nearly everything I carry in the tank bag to get this helmet in there, but...yeah.

Ugly on the bike? I've not ridden with it yet. Weather has been iffy and I've been on daddy duty this week.

Cheers,
nthdegreeburns

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
[MENTION=23263]nthdegreeburns[/MENTION] Great Timing!!!

Thanks everyone - I need something too! Not so big as helmet but quick access to camera, snacks, etc...

Thank for sharing!

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's my Oxford tank bag, I don't think you'd get a helmet in it but it is expandable, has magnetic side pads to hold it on, a clear map pocket on top, shoulder straps that you can carry it like a backpack and a rain cover.

Is your tankbag on backwards????

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an icon tank bag which for what I do has been perfect. If your not travelling cross country its size isn't a problem, it's actually much larger than you would think. [emoji106] That plus my mini side bags and there's plenty of room between the three.

Of course it's filled at the moment with some fresh new jersey bagels! [emoji16] Delicious!

agyjyguq.jpg

u4u7yhed.jpg

vu4e6e5a.jpg

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk

that is the bag we have on our bikes too, I like it a lot. I sprayed ours with a 1 time waterproof spray (one time and it is permanent) and it has worked great. We rode in some pretty big storms with no issues.

965512_552076961502027_463034562_o.jpg

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Is your tankbag on backwards????

No it is the right way round, there is a strap at the front that goes round the bar mounts on the top triple clamp as extra protection to prevent it falling off.

The shape of the base of the bag looks like it was designed for the Fazer tank, it fits perfectly. When it is expanded it does sit higher at the back than the front.

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
Rode about 70 miles today with the new Nelson Rigg CL-1035 bags pictured earlier in this thread.

The magnet profile on the bottom is much less than that of the Marsee that I'm replacing. I had to set the bag back a little further from the steering crossbar than I did with the Marsee to make sure the 4-5 magnets DID touch the tank.

That said, no issues up to 70mph today, and I never felt the bag was shifting. I also got used to the height of the bag very quickly. I was able to carry the following (normally scattered in my older Nelson Rigg saddle bags, which I removed):

• Sunglasses case
  • Waterproof gloves (Icon Patrol -- unnecessary, really, in this GA weather)
  • Rain liner (Tourmaster Air Intake 3 jacket, didn't need it today)
  • Extra ear plugs
  • Helmet "sock" (the Arai felt bag that came with the helmet)
  • Half motorcycle cover (Nelson Rigg UV2000, which I can now use sans the saddle bags)

nthdegreeburns

payneib

Reaction score
Visit site
pa3epava.jpg

There's mine. 18 litre Oxford 1st Time magnetic. Not big enough to replace my work bag, but it's got a double inflatable mattress in it there, as well as a rechargeable pump.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

nthdegreeburns

Reaction score
Visit site
pa3epava.jpg

There's mine. 18 litre Oxford 1st Time magnetic. Not big enough to replace my work bag, but it's got a double inflatable mattress in it there, as well as a rechargeable pump.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Wish the Oxford bags didn't have the ugly color schemes on them. They're nice looking bags otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2