Pics - Greenville SC Int'l Motorcycel Show

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
By the way, How old is you middle boys. My Daughter just turned 10, and I have been looking at a 60cc to cut her teeth that is if I can get Momma on board.

That little 65 Cam's on is like a lightswitch. It is wicked fast, and it is still stock!

Just starting out, a REALLY good bike for size, reliability, and maintenance is the Honda XR70 (3 spd. no clutch) or XR80 (5 spd. clutch). I think they still make both of them new as the CRF instead of XR, but good luck getting one with the new lead banning laws :(:(:(

Smittyboy

Reaction score
Visit site
BOO to big brother!!! Also, great pics of the show! oh yeah, CUDO'S TO YOU FOR GETTING YOUR WIFE TO GO ALONG WITH A 2 YEAR OLD ON TWO WHEELS!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I'VE BEEN GOING AT IT TOOTH AND NAIL TO FIGHT FOR 12... WHAT'D YOU DO/SAY TO HER?

hedmisten

handegraphix.com
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, that was worth what I paid for my entrance fee alone!!! That was VERY cool. The boys wanted to get one to play with at the house :D . maybe someday...

Is that your Jeep in your avatar?

Of Course :D Its 5 years worth of fabrication and trial and error. We rockcrawl the southeast in it.

EDIT: Forgot I had these pics up. http://hedmisten.com/gallery.htm

Last edited:

MarinaFazer

Wonderbread
Reaction score
www.jwci.org
The flex is strong with you!

I've got a XJ that I'm about to start getting ready to make an ExPo rig...nothing too fancy. I'm doing all the hard stuff first like the little gear for camping, roof top tent, roof rack, lights, bumpers, winch, tools, etc...then will come a 4.5'' long arm lift :thumbup:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I am a bit disappointed in Honda for not putting thr 1800 motor in the new Fury. I think they would sell more if they made that an option.

Oh and +1 for starting the kids off at a young age. Dad got me riding when I was 5, I am 21 now and couldn't imagine would life would be like with out a motorcycle to ride. They have taught me much more than riding techniques.

-bryan

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
WHAT'D YOU DO/SAY TO HER?

I don't know. I just always grew up riding, and she knows it is pretty much a guy thing I guess. I also promised to buy him all the protective gear. She mostly understands the physics of how much safer a bike is than a quad too. :thumbup: I also tried explaining how much they learn from having a bike, not just riding 2 wheels, but handling experience that will help in emergency situations (which she admits she's horrible about panicking), including a car, responsibility, consequences for stupidity (not invincible), etc.

I'd be happy to let your wife call mine if you'd like!