PIAA lights on FZ6

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Has anyone done this mod?

I'm sick of cars blinding me, sick of them putting up their high beams when I'm clearly in front of them simply because they dont like bikes...I want something on my bike to dish out some retribution and blind the sh1t out of these gits.

Plus they'll help me with my motorway riding...I want lights that have a thin and highly concentrated beam...I know PIAA make them that will illuminate signs up to 2 or 3 miles...

Have you tried these? where did you fit them?

Last edited:

dako81

FZ Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think the major issue with adding additional lighting is the low output of the stator on our bikes. Many people run several electronics with no problems, but lighting is a little more demanding. But, who knows what will be possible with the LED technology that is coming out.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a set of PIAA bulbs on my bike, replacing the factory bulbs. Not sure which bulbs they are, but they cost me around $40 a piece. They have a slight bluish tint. An H7 and H4 bulb. I assume you are not referring to the driving lights that you mount as an accessory?

Oscar54

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you check the adjustment on your headlights? Your beams may be adjusted too high and the cagers think you have your highbeams on and are blinding them and that is why they put their highbeams on.

However, I think trying to blind on-coming traffic for revenge may be satisfying but may not be wise considering bikers always loose in collisions with cars! Wouldn't want you to get hurt!

JMHO!

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
I assume you are not referring to the driving lights that you mount as an accessory?

I am actually!! :)

piaa_1100x_platinum.jpg

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
Have you check the adjustment on your headlights? Your beams may be adjusted too high and the cagers think you have your highbeams on and are blinding them and that is why they put their highbeams on.

However, I think trying to blind on-coming traffic for revenge may be satisfying but may not be wise considering bikers always loose in collisions with cars! Wouldn't want you to get hurt!

JMHO!

I understand! :) I dont plan on being in a collision...i just want lights that will help me to see and make darn sure that a car driver will see me!

I dont plan on having these lights on all the time...i'll have them hooked up so they only come on with high beam.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I understand! :) I dont plan on being in a collision...i just want lights that will help me to see and make darn sure that a car driver will see me!

I dont plan on having these lights on all the time...i'll have them hooked up so they only come on with high beam.

If you want to increase your visiblity to oncoming vehicles, try these?

Hyperlites Flashing led motorcycle brake lights, runing lights, and turn signals

They are called Hyperlites Whites, 16 leds that are bright whites, mounted onto the front of your bikes. You also have the option to have them modulate with a flick of a switch. Illegal but cool. I say illegal because here in the states, only the headlights are allowed to modulate, no after market lights. But these will not really improve your visiblity, rather just improving the visiblity for others to see you.

racerws

Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am actually!! :)

piaa_1100x_platinum.jpg

What he wants....is driving lights that can be turned on when an a$$ in
a car comes at him with his bright lights on. (The car will then dim his lights.)
I would not put them on my FZ6. In my humble opinion.
I would put them on my FJR for touring purposes.

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
ah...thats an option alright!!

I was thinking about putting it inside the fairing...cutting the fairing away and laying it into the front nose cone but thats one non-invasive option! :)

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
ah...thats an option alright!!

I was thinking about putting it inside the fairing...cutting the fairing away and laying it into the front nose cone but thats one non-invasive option! :)

Or...I could remove the indicators, fit the PIAA in their place and use my pod lights as indicators and invest in some mirror indicators too! :)

That should look clean and neat! :)