Photography Thread !!!

Winter has definitely arrived!!!:eek: Though I was still able to get out and ride yesterday and sunday it's supposed to be close to 60° :D here in jersey!

The defined cloud line in the horizon was weird along with it splitting the sun light gave this room a different look. I couldn't capture what I saw but this is what came of if after some tweaking...

dp_131215_01-1.jpg

The defined cloud line in the horizon was weird along with it splitting the sun light gave this room a different look. I couldn't capture what I saw but this is what came of if after some tweaking...

Very nice, bd43. I admire your skill at composition from many of your photos.

Here's another hummer to share:
ibdy0FUsx9Y7aL.jpg

I drive thru this canyon often between utard and Wyoming, this morning the low morning light was coming through nice.

Ut-WyBorder2.jpg

Ut-WyBorder.jpg

Something a little different. I was chatting with Humpy tonight and mentioned that one of the reasons for going back to TN was to get more of my Grandpa's pics. I know he used to enter his photos in competitions, The Rose, for example, won an Honorable Mention in a Cincinnati show in May 1936.
These are pictures of pictures....not the greatest quality but the originals were taken sometime in the 1930's. And unfortunately, they were glued to some sort of poster board, which I'm guessing my mother tried to peel them off of....

Something a little different. I was chatting with Humpy tonight and mentioned that one of the reasons for going back to TN was to get more of my Grandpa's pics. I know he used to enter his photos in competitions, The Rose, for example, won an Honorable Mention in a Cincinnati show in May 1936.
These are pictures of pictures....not the greatest quality but the originals were taken sometime in the 1930's. And unfortunately, they were glued to some sort of poster board, which I'm guessing my mother tried to peel them off of....

They are great Bren !!! thanks for sharing :) :).... Love the one on the guy walking up the path :thumbup:

These are cell phone pics but that's all I had with me yesterday on a ride out to Copperas Cove, TX. This bridge is somewhere outside of Killeen, TX, near Maxdale Rd. The guy in the orange jacket led us there. It's a closed bridge (to road traffic) that spans the Llano River. Overcast and winter so not much color at all and my Motorola RAZR MAXX isn't the best to begin with for photos.

IMG_20140112_134656_901_zpswax4qcpm.jpg

IMG_20140112_134739_549_zpsk4cbrjep.jpg

IMG_20140112_134929_017_zpstmhqhbk2.jpg

Riding the DR650 home the other day with the Contour GPS helmet cam on picture taking mode. Strange effect as the shadow looks good...

FILE0577_zps4d1139e1.jpg

Riding the DR650 home the other day with the Contour GPS helmet cam on picture taking mode. Strange effect as the shadow looks good...

FILE0577_zps4d1139e1.jpg

Cool pic!! That camera had very funky focus! On the bright side, you occasionally end up with very interesting images :thumbup:

A few from last yr.

140c2sm.jpg

1rbvuv.jpg

Friend of mine at snowmobile races:

2hy7vbs.jpg

14jvmyv.jpg

And my old Ninja 250(first bike, sold it to get my FZ6)

j8cxo4.jpg

I never get our pup to sit still long enough for a pic. Like chasing 3 year olds around the room...

Last edited:
Went on a little ride today to the mountains near Julian,Ca. with Sun Diego FZ6 (Luis). I put my helmet on a fence pole while I took some pictures of my bike with a bunch of rural mailboxes on a dirt road.

Walking up to the helmet I liked how you could see the reflection in the mirrored shield. Luis and I in the reflector! Blah

IMG_2567.JPG

Went on a little ride today to the mountains near Julian,Ca. with Sun Diego FZ6 (Luis). I put my helmet on a fence pole while I took some pictures of my bike with a bunch of rural mailboxes on a dirt road.

Walking up to the helmet I liked how you could see the reflection in the mirrored shield. Luis and I in the reflector! Blah

IMG_2567.JPG

Hey Cliff, great pic! Just as Jerry's new helmet made him look ten years younger, yours does the same for you....:rockon:
Guess I should get a new helmet..nothing else seems to be working for my old age. :(

Back