Yamaha Motorcycle Display and Demo Schedule

Great Find! I'm IN!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Great Find! I'm IN!

Hey Randy. Awesome. We'll have a blast.

When I did it last year we all got stuck at a left turn signal that wouldn't detect the sport bikes at the front. They had to get out of the way as the leader called up the biggest, heaviest cruiser from the back to activate the signal. :D

The rides are actually pretty zippy. One cruiser got left behind on the highway portion and I had to really open up the FZ6R to stay with them.

The leader had warned if you get any paperwork on the ride, it's yours to keep. ;)

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Randy. Awesome. We'll have a blast.

When I did it last year we all got stuck at a left turn signal that wouldn't detect the sport bikes at the front. They had to get out of the way as the leader called up the biggest, heaviest cruiser from the back to activate the signal. :D

The rides are actually pretty zippy. One cruiser got left behind on the highway portion and I had to really open up the FZ6R to stay with them.

The leader had warned if you get any paperwork on the ride, it's yours to keep. ;)

Gotta get the bike back together tho! ya, could roll in in the cage, but what fun is that!
Check out my new Invisa-Signals! :thumbup:
attachment.php

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
No takers eh? I guess its up to us Chris!

You can get on the Vmax and see what that does for ya? lol
I'm a little undecided.. .. .. Anyone have solid reason for picking something, need an opinion? I may opt for the sister R6 just to see how she stacks up!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
No takers eh? I guess its up to us Chris!

You can get on the Vmax and see what that does for ya? lol
I'm a little undecided.. .. .. Anyone have solid reason for picking something, need an opinion? I may opt for the sister R6 just to see how she stacks up!

Looks like it. I'll probably start on the FZ8. It might not be around in 2014 with the FZ9 coming in.

I'd definitely like to try a big v-twin. Vmax..hmm

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I called, 10 mile loop, admission starts at 1030. So perhaps meet there just before 10 (950)? Not sure about the turn out, but its feasible we could do a couple loops on different bikes or just wheelie in the parking lot until banned? lol

When all is said and done we could take our own little loop through twisted roads I know??

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
I called, 10 mile loop, admission starts at 1030. So perhaps meet there just before 10 (950)? Not sure about the turn out, but its feasible we could do a couple loops on different bikes or just wheelie in the parking lot until banned? lol

When all is said and done we could take our own little loop through twisted roads I know??

Time sounds good. Weather is going to be great, just as it was last year.

I'd like to get at least 2 runs in and we'll see what we feel like.

Couple of pics from last year:

iTBXz6FV4iTR1.JPG

iWmo3kD9tBBLK.JPG

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I got my money's worth today!!! Rode four bikes total as there was no line. R6, R1, FZ1 and Super Tenere. I have comments on all of them if anyone is interested. I think Chris rode the FZ8 & Super Tenere.

The Sister: R6
One thing I will spill is the R6 power delivery is top notch! Very smooth, very nice, VERY responsive! I was very surprised it pulled down low so well! Much better than our 6 plus its a screamer up top too! A nice power curve! And the box shifts very nice! Not clunky and not a winer!

As for the suspension, didn't ride far enough to have much opinion. Roughly 9 miles of straight roads, a couple soft long turns, and a freeway on ramp.
I'm glad I rode it!

Last edited:

Jon_PDX

Reaction score
Visit site
Considering the adventure riding you have been doing lately I had a feeling you would ride a S10 if they had one to demo :D

No line......well that figures. I had some thing to do in the morning and with the good weather I figured it would be impossible to get a demo ride in the afternoon so did not bother going out there.

Jon...

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
^^ Still open today till 430!!! With fathers being fathers, I suspect you could ride them all just once!

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
Considering the adventure riding you have been doing lately I had a feeling you would ride a S10 if they had one to demo :D

No line......well that figures. I had some thing to do in the morning and with the good weather I figured it would be impossible to get a demo ride in the afternoon so did not bother going out there.

Jon...

Go for it. I did a couple more runs today. It's real quiet and great weather.

Doesn't get any better for trying the latest models side-by-side.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Go for it. I did a couple more runs today. It's real quiet and great weather.

Doesn't get any better for trying the latest models side-by-side.

what did you ride?

Edit as you can see I stayed behind and did one more on Saturday. it was impossible to resist.

Last edited:

darius

Never stop exploring
Reaction score
Visit site
what did you ride?

Edit as you can see I stayed behind and did one more on Saturday. it was impossible to resist.

FZ1 and FJR. I'll post a thread w/ quick reviews and pics.

I have a couple of great shots of you on the Tenere. Mind if I post them? I can email them to you.

Water Bear

Fireball
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested to hear about the FJR. I'm not ready in any sense (no money, need more experience) but that is a sick touring bike.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm interested to hear about the FJR. I'm not ready in any sense (no money, need more experience) but that is a sick touring bike.

Chris has it in the thread above. . . I'm sure he'll answer any details you may have!