Paint

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey folks,

I've been doing some represervation over the weekend, wire brushing and hamerite etc.

The area I've been concentrating on has been the after parts of the frame, under the seat, around the pillion footrests.......

As good as using silver hamerite is, it's not a perfect match and can be noticed.

I'm at a loss as to where the paint codes are (or if they are generic). I need some silver for the frame and the tank, I think the two are different shades of silver.

Thanks in advance

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone know anything?
Yamaha are buggers for not releasing paint codes, however Colorite in the US do excellent matches if you supply model and year.
I have only every used Bike Colours, The Best Online Store who ship internationally. There colour matching is also superb and if the colour isn't listed send them an e-mail and they can sort you out. Both companies are very expensive.
Scott aka TownsendFJR has also used some paints which are readily available off the shelf. I can't recall the manufactures name or make but send him a PM and he will sort you out.

Neil

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
PM received and sent back..

Rustoleum makes a silver metallic thats extremly close to our frames. The color is about dead on, the flakes might be a tad larger, but at $5.00 a can, it works well. The Rustoleum part # is: "7217 silver metallic" .

The below pic's are of several FJR's (same frame silver) with my helmet lock brackets with the above rustoleum paint to give you an idea of the color.

BTW, I haven't had ANYONE complain about the silver match since using this silver from 2006.

Also, I actually use this silver on brackets for the FZ6 (didn't have a silver frame to mount it to), the lower two pictures is on an 06 FZ6.

Once the picture is open, click again to enlarge it for a closer up view.

Last edited:

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Been doing some more stripping and painting and discovered some unused electrical connectors, anyone know what they may be there for? They were behind the left (as you sit on the bike) fairing cover under the seat.

Last edited:

andyfazer600

Reaction score
Visit site
Apologies for not posting any updates in a while, we've just had our second child and time seems to slip through my hands.

I have attempted to find the Rustoleoum as quoted above but with no sucess. My next port of call was to try the Yamaha dealer I got the bike from, but again, no sucess on getting it from them. However, the parts chap was very helpful and pointed me in the direction of a company called RS Motorbike Paint. I shall be ordering some soon and will report back on my findings.