Ottimoto rearsets connecting rod is wearing out

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
as topic. I am not sure why but I think the wear is from the chain.

Not sure if I've installed correctly but I think its more like a design flaw.
Have anyone here using the ottimoto rear sets have the same problem?
I compared it with the stock connecting rod and it is thicker than stock.

Will post photo later.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i dont think mine have such a wear, but something else i noticed about my ottimoto is that after i installed, my gear change from 1-2 is not as smooth, sometimes will engage neutral.

Inventure

Reaction score
Visit site
If the gear change is not as smooth, adjust the length of the shaft a bit to try and improve. It should not have any effect on the gear change.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
Is the wear near the portion of the frame the rod passes behind? Mine is very close to the frame and in fact after install I had to adjust the rod position/length so the nut nearest the back of the bike didn't hit the frame. This may be causing yoshiki's shifting problems because when mine was hitting it would sometimes shift fine and other times get caught on the frame.

This weekend I have to deal with the rear brake because if I push it firmly then the brake pedal doesn't come back to its position and my lights remain on. I think the cylinder is misaligned and I need to shorten the connection point to correct.

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Is the wear near the portion of the frame the rod passes behind? Mine is very close to the frame and in fact after install I had to adjust the rod position/length so the nut nearest the back of the bike didn't hit the frame. This may be causing yoshiki's shifting problems because when mine was hitting it would sometimes shift fine and other times get caught on the frame.

This weekend I have to deal with the rear brake because if I push it firmly then the brake pedal doesn't come back to its position and my lights remain on. I think the cylinder is misaligned and I need to shorten the connection point to correct.

yes, that's exactly what's happening to mine.
the nut thing sometimes caught the frame too. I had adjusted it and it seemed fine for like a couple of months but it start that again.
also, the thing connecting the rod is rusted so i cant adjust it.

hate it!
thinking about getting a rizoma or sth.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
is it the gear shift rod? which part of it? let me have a look at mine tomorrow. my gear skipping to neutral is no joke. i almost high side when i was at track cause of this problem. hopefully i can solve it before my next track session.

necrotimus

Stop looking at my title!
Reaction score
Visit site
is it the gear shift rod? which part of it? let me have a look at mine tomorrow. my gear skipping to neutral is no joke. i almost high side when i was at track cause of this problem. hopefully i can solve it before my next track session.

Yes the gear shift rod. The adjustment screw nearest the rear of the bike can hit the frame if not adjusted "properly". I debated replacing the rod with the stock one but I think you would have to drill out one of the connection points to do so. I may still do it if I have problems later. Right now mine is fine.

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i took a quick look at my connecting rod, no signs of wear and tear. Must i take it out to see signs of the wear?