Oregon FZ6 Run 6-30-2013

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Final Impact (Randy), Jon_PDX (Jon) and myself went on a great ride yesterday up the Clackamas River. We had great fun and a great ride. Here are a few pictures of the ride. This was the first time the three of us have been able to go for a ride together. Randy is the black FZ6, Jon the Red one and Mark the fast blue one. Mark is the first Mt. Hood Picture, Randy is the second and Jon the third one. The highlight was the view of Mt. Hood. It was a super hot day like 96 and when we got to the view point the wind was blowing but it was a cool breeze. Felt awesome considering the ride was pretty warm up to that point. Thanks for the ride guys. :thumbup:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
If you look closely, you can see the elusive Randito Bandito in his natural habitat. Shhhh, if you move to fast, you'll spook him!

FZ6Hot

FZ6Hot
Reaction score
Visit site
Final Impact (Randy), Jon_PDX (Jon) and myself went on a great ride yesterday up the Clackamas River. We had great fun and a great ride. Here are a few pictures of the ride. This was the first time the three of us have been able to go for a ride together. Randy is the black FZ6, Jon the Red one and Mark the fast blue one. Mark is the first Mt. Hood Picture, Randy is the second and Jon the third one. The highlight was the view of Mt. Hood. It was a super hot day like 96 and when we got to the view point the wind was blowing but it was a cool breeze. Felt awesome considering the ride was pretty warm up to that point. Thanks for the ride guys. :thumbup:

Do you guys ever do track days at ORP, mxgolf's bike definitely appears to have the necessary mods for a track bike. I'm envious you are within a reasonable distance from ORP. Made my first pilgrimage there June 22/23, awesome track but a long days ride to get to Grass Valley. It would be a cool sight to have 4 FZ6's on the track at the same time.

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
If you look closely, you can see the elusive Randito Bandito in his natural habitat. Shhhh, if you move to fast, you'll spook him!

That's when he hammers 2nd gear escaping eyesight, thus leaving RED AND BLUE in the DUST behind him!!! :BLAA: :spank: :spank:

Verharen

~ Wild Child ~
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You feel Guilty right! Need a second bike Right! FZ6 all the way..... :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

LOL In fact I do feel guilty. I'll get one as soon as I can decide on the right color. :rof: There seems to be some dispute as to which color is fastest.

In the meantime, I am quite thankful to have been welcomed by the coolest riders of the coolest bike out there. I bet if I had an FZ6 I would be able to ride up to OR in comfort. Hmmm, riding the entire length of our west coast...something to consider for summer 2014. :rolleyes:

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Thanks for the pictures Mark!

Should anyone care to do a basic repeat of this ride, throw this into google maps. It was the longest distance between two points and it kept people on their toes! :thumbup:

The road less traveled:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...Ff78sQIdPd60-A;FZ73sgIdEl21-A&t=h&mra=mr&z=13

High Rocks Look out about 45 miles from Estacada:
https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=...Q;FSD5sgId91-1-A&t=h&mra=mi&mrsp=2&sz=12&z=10

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that was a good day. I used to race motocross but I don't want to risk my baby in a crash doing a track day. Would love to ride your bike on a track day however! LOL. Mine needs the front suspension upgraded badly.

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yes that was a good day. I used to race motocross but I don't want to risk my baby in a crash doing a track day. Would love to ride your bike on a track day however! LOL. Mine needs the front suspension upgraded badly.

Note to self:
Don't leave keys in ignition; Mark knows where you work! :eek: :thumbup:

Jon_PDX

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a great time (despite the heat :D) and even got some riding tips and ideas for things to do to my bike :thumbup:

For those of you that are not from around here, or you are but have not been up to the High Rock location, here is a Google Earth image to give you an idea of the area.

i-rCdwsfC-L.png

According to my GPS we were at about 4,600 feet at point "A". I felt my ears pop as we were riding up there but did not realize we had gained that much elevation until I got home and downloaded the GPS data.

Below is a graph of the full 150 mile ride. The the High Rock viewpoint section of the ride is between mile 60 and mile 80 on the graph.

i-H52gzG3-L.png

Below is a panorama I shot with my phone.

i-4Q8CLTb-L.jpg

These types of views make up for all rain we get here in the Pacific NW.

Thanks again for a great time,

Jon...

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics guys....good to see there's other older guys riding these bikes.

Cos sometimes I think that at my age (59) I should be on some sad old POS!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It's so pretty there...reminds me alot of Colorado. But if you boys really want to get high (as in elevation! LOL), come on out here for a ride........

FinalImpact

Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice pics guys....good to see there's other older guys riding these bikes.

Cos sometimes I think that at my age (59) I should be on some sad old POS!

^^ Oh, I see - you're thinking of the Red and Blue owners! lol :spank: :spank: :D

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, Would love to but will be at the Waterfront Blues festival for 4 days! Love my music. This is a tradition I have done for 25 years. I will be out that way on August 8-12th for another blues festival Bronze Blues and Brews. We are camping so not riding the bike. Might want to do something like that in September though.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Kenny, Would love to but will be at the Waterfront Blues festival for 4 days! Love my music. This is a tradition I have done for 25 years. I will be out that way on August 8-12th for another blues festival Bronze Blues and Brews. We are camping so not riding the bike. Might want to do something like that in September though.

Planning on riding it tomorrow. I will do a minor trip report and let you know if it's worth it. They say it's something like 120 corners in 11 miles.