Ordered my sliders

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
The engine mounts for the FZ6 and R6 are close to the same and since Yamaha uses most of the same bolts on everything, it would surprise me if they werent the same thread pattern. The only thing to watch for is the length. They may not be long enough, esp. on the left side where the igntion cover sticks out so far.

You shouldnt have a problem hitting your knees on them. Am a 6' 1" and havent had any problems with them. Also I use my sliders as highway pegs when riding down the interstate from time to time. Just allows me to put my feet up and move around some to stretch. (I only do this when there is little to no traffic around)

-bryan

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Since the shop ordered them and are installing them, I'm sure they'll either make it work or give me my money back. And it may not be the R6's that they ordered, maybe another model. I just guessed since I didn't see a listing for FZ6 on the woodcraft site.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered some from Yamaha, along with the lower fairings. Yamaha have sent the lower fairings and cancelled the sliders - very nice of them. Since found out that Yamaha sliders can't be used with Yahama fairing lowers :confused:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered some from Yamaha, along with the lower fairings. Yamaha have sent the lower fairings and cancelled the sliders - very nice of them. Since found out that Yamaha sliders can't be used with Yahama fairing lowers :confused:

You may have to drill a hole in the fairing to make it work. The 07' GSX-R's are like that. One of the mounting points, I believe the right side, you have have to drill a hole for the slider to stick out. If its done right it doesn't look bad at all.

-bryan

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hardly even noticable.

And I know my bike is DIRTY! Still planning to wash it and get some real pics soon. :)

Last edited:

Scott

Nerd Extraordinaire
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
so did they just screw in?

I had the shop install them... the way I understand it, the bolts they replace/screw into/whatever, are part of the motor mount so there is a risk of stripping the threads or getting it out of allignment and causing some fairly serious problems. I don't know for sure because I'm not mechanically inclined at all, which is the main reason I let them do it.

They only charged me like 15 bucks to install them and it took like 10 minutes. :don'tknow:

Last edited:

bmccrary

Touring Mod
Reaction score
Visit site
Good deal. Glad to hear it worked out for you. The look nice!
Is once side longer than the other. Or are they both the same size?

-bryan