Oops...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took the Stelvio out for a trail ride. The trail was muddier than I thought!
650 lbs. is a b*tch to get up!

After it was all over all she needed was a bath.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Based on this outcome I bought new tires and MX boots. Feeling one's ankle "shear" under an oinker of a bike is not fun.

Is that hardware approved for agricultural use? Plowing an such...

Looks like fun and a workout should you end up doing that too often. :thumbup:

:eek: Oh no! Sounds like you both survived without lasting damage? Hope you enjoy the new shoes for you and the bike!!! :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about your mishap.

Any damages to you or bike ?

The bike is fine, just a bit dirty. My right ankle and right knee were twisted a little. The knee feels fine a week later, the ankle is still complaining.

That's why I use a real dirt bike on the dirt! It's sure a lot easier to ride and pick up when she goes down. :D But then I have to haul her in my truck to where I will ride her too. :thumbup:

That's why I use a real dirt bike on the dirt! It's sure a lot easier to ride and pick up when she goes down. :D But then I have to haul her in my truck to where I will ride her too. :thumbup:

Logic was not involved in this decision! If it was I'd have a WR250R. :)

Logic was not involved in this decision! If it was I'd have a WR250R. :)

Same can be said about good chunk of V- Strom riders who take the poor v-strom to some gnarly places haha.

How did the Trax cases held up?

I take mine off when I am going off road on the V-strom.

Yes the WR from Yamaha is a great dirt bike. I have the Honda CRF250-X. Most of my buddies have 450's. That's just too much for me to ride however. To each his own. I still have your old leathers I bought some years ago from you. They still work great and fit. :thumbup:

The meat arrived about 30 minutes ago.

YES!

Great idea, however wife would not approve.

Last edited:
Yes the WR from Yamaha is a great dirt bike. I have the Honda CRF250-X. Most of my buddies have 450's. That's just too much for me to ride however. To each his own. I still have your old leathers I bought some years ago from you. They still work great and fit. :thumbup:

Too funny, for some reason I was thinking about those leathers the other day. Really a nice set. I'm glad you like them still.

The Stelvio is really for cow trailing. As much as I'd like a real dirt bike I know I'd get in trouble with it.

Tomorrow I'll get the new tires on and see what kind of trails I can find. Oh, and this is my first "dirt" bike, ever!

"Oh I'm a new rider what kind of bike should I get?" "Well a Hayabusa of course." ;)

I will say on the road the Stelvio is a wonderful bike. I just can't get enough of it. It's not fast, it's not light by any means, but man it is a fun bike, and it handles like it is on rails. Killer brakes too.

Last edited:
Back