Old style Scorpions?

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone know if the old style Scorpions can still be had anywhere? I really like the old style, with their little turn down tips, but it seems like they're all gone.

nds876

Reaction score
Visit site

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great, thanks! I was about to give up. Nobody in the US seems to have them. Worst case though, I'll just get some Remus cans, as those don't require repacking as well, which is what I'm after.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
There's some GPR race cans on E bay UK at the moment and the buyer will ship them abroad.They have the turned down tips you're after :thumbup:

Link - Yamaha Fazer FZ6 600 GPR Exhaust Road Legal Race Cans - eBay (item 380261311281 end time Aug-28-10 11:34:27 PDT)

B0zLYbB2kKGrHqIOKjwEoGHglZJBMb67OjKQ_12.jpg

They look pretty good.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are very nice! Good price too. But, alas, they're the type that need to be repacked every so often. And I'm too lazy to do that. I'm none to thrilled about having to repack my Two Bros exhaust this Saturday. :rolleyes: This is what happens when you have too many vehicles. You end up not wanting to work on ANY of them, but instead just take 'em out and thrash 'em. :D

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Those are very nice! Good price too. But, alas, they're the type that need to be repacked every so often. And I'm too lazy to do that. I'm none to thrilled about having to repack my Two Bros exhaust this Saturday. :rolleyes: This is what happens when you have too many vehicles. You end up not wanting to work on ANY of them, but instead just take 'em out and thrash 'em. :D

Amen to that :thumbup:
That's why my bike spends most of it's time filthy dirty.I'd rather ride it than clean it.Though it's pretty clean at the moment due to my bloody leg still being buggered :(

OneTrack

Reaction score
Visit site
They have them here
04-08 Yamaha FZ6 Scorpion Stainless Oval Muffler Slip-on Exhaust [1811-0601] : Bayside Performance, Canadian Source for 98-2010 Yamaha Honda Suzuki Kawasaki Ducati Triumph Sportbike Accessories And Apparel

I would contact them first to see if they are indeed the old style. (Sometimes the pics are not up to date).

They give very good service in Canada but not sure about the US

Bayside doesn't actually stock Scorpions....they order them from a supplier in the US, so chances are they will only be able to source the new "cone end" style. You never know, though....if you ask Kevin (the owner of Bayside) to find an older set, he may just come through for you.
That's where I got my Scorps a couple of years ago, btw.

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Coll, I'll give him a call. Thanks for the help everyone!

@ ridgeback - What happened to your leg?

Changing gear in the van coming up to a roundabout and Bang,big pain and my Achilles Tendon had ripped.Been off work for a month and got about another 3 wks or so to go :(

I am so pissed off that I've missed the summer riding season.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Big pain indeed! :( Sorry to hear that. Hope it's better soon. That's the type of injury that can take too frickin' long to heal up. I take you get to enjoy rehab for your leg afterwards?

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Ouch! Big pain indeed! :( Sorry to hear that. Hope it's better soon. That's the type of injury that can take too frickin' long to heal up. I take you get to enjoy rehab for your leg afterwards?

Cheers fella

The only rehab I need is a set of twisties and a long summers day :thumbup:

('Course a bed bath by some fit nurse wouldn't go amiss) :D