Old Man Mods

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my used 2007 FZ6 in August and I think I am done with the mods until the budget recovers. Being a "more experienced" rider, my mods are pretty mild in function and on the budget.
104gccl.jpg

- Used 2007 FZ6 w/1,100 miles, $5,000
- Used Corbin seat, $250
x3fj37.jpg

- Used CalSci windscreen, $80
c1ag4.jpg

- Bikemaster GP touring bars, $13
14b10gj.jpg

- ProGrip #714 grips, $8
- Bar ends, $9

I may fit some Symtec grip heaters when the funds permit. I know I'm boring, but this fits my style of riding.

Last edited:

Todd08

Molly and Jacks Dad
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your not boring man, just a fellow FZ6 rider. That being said, send us some pics of your mods. You might be surprised at how much we all have in common.:thumbup:

corekneelius

Reaction score
Visit site
I bought my used 2007 FZ6 in August and I think I am done with the mods until the budget recovers. Being a \"more experienced\" rider, my mods are pretty mild in function and on the budget.
- Used Corbin seat, $250
- ProGrip #714 grips, $8
- Bar ends, $9

I may fit some Symtec grip heaters when the funds permit. I know I'm boring, but this fits my style of riding.

Lets see some pics!

D

D-Rock

I bought my used 2007 FZ6 in August and I think I am done with the mods until the budget recovers. Being a \"more experienced\" rider, my mods are pretty mild in function and on the budget.
- Used Corbin seat, $250
- ProGrip #714 grips, $8
- Bar ends, $9

riding a FZ6... priceless.. :thumbup:

swerve9031

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the title... Old Man Mods! having read many posts on here about exhausts and other performance parts at last someone with the same ideas as me...

New grips are on my list, just looking for some softer ones so I would be interested to hear your views on yours.

Why new Bar ends? or was that forced on you with the new bars?

I have got used to the windblast on my 2006, so won't be going for a larger screen.

I have gone the Givi Rack and top box route though, I got fed up with trying to get a small rucksack on over my armoured jacket. I think the topbox rather spoils the lines of the bike so I take it off when its not needed

Peter

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
I like the title... Old Man Mods! having read many posts on here about exhausts and other performance parts at last someone with the same ideas as me...

New grips are on my list, just looking for some softer ones so I would be interested to hear your views on yours.

Why new Bar ends? or was that forced on you with the new bars?

I have got used to the windblast on my 2006, so won't be going for a larger screen.

I have gone the Givi Rack and top box route though, I got fed up with trying to get a small rucksack on over my armoured jacket. I think the topbox rather spoils the lines of the bike so I take it off when its not needed

Peter

I will work on getting some pics up.

The grips I really like. This is the third bike I have put these on. They are a gel grip and a little larger in diameter which reduces hand fatigue. They are a little long for the FZ but have an extra 'collar' on them that I trimmed off and are just right.

Bar ends were required with the new bars. I am looking at getting some SV650 bar ends since the cheap ones I bought don't weight very much and I *think* I am feeling more vibes in the bars.

I am using some soft luggage I have laying around when I need to carry something.

blchandl2

Reaction score
Visit site
From a fellow Old Man, how do you like your Corbin? Did the stock seat bother you? How much better is the Corbin...

Thanks,

John

The Corbin is more comfortable mostly because it is wider. I had one on my '05 so I Knew it would be an improvement. I will say the stock seat on th e'07 is better than the '05, but the Corbin is still better. I bought it used by emailing people selling FZ's on Craiglist that advertised a Corbin with their bike. I just asked if they would sell it seperately and got a taker.:D

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I'm going to be getting the CalSci windscreen soon, but the Corbin is next on my list... I've been watching for one, but havn't seen one. I'll have to resort to what you did ;)