Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

liquiddragon86

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a 2007 FZ6 and the guy told me he put synthetic oil it. But i cant remember what it was. What would you suggest go into it? 10w-30 or 40? Does it really make a difference? Also it seems like there is no auto store around me that sells motorcycle oil, where would you suggest to go buy it from?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
notagain.jpg

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I recently bought a 2007 FZ6 and the guy told me he put synthetic oil it. But i cant remember what it was. What would you suggest go into it? 10w-30 or 40? Does it really make a difference? Also it seems like there is no auto store around me that sells motorcycle oil, where would you suggest to go buy it from?

Don't use cheap oil like what was suggested... it may not contain the proper detergents or wear agents the FZ6 engine requires, search the treads on this topic. Personally I use Mobile 1 4T Synthetic oil made for street bike with wet clutches like the FZ6 has. Order it online from many of the motorcycle site links on this forum. The Mobile 1 filter # is 110

DON"T JUST USE ANY AUTOMOTIVE OIL!!

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the site. In the interest of sanity and because it's my birthday. I respectivley request you use the search function.

Good luck

Nelly

Status
Not open for further replies.