Odd Etiquette Encounter

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Now Im not shy to a wave for anyone from a schwinn to a vespa, but I had a creepy encounter with a KLR...

So quick home depot trip (Northern Boulevard in Queens.... Disputably the best sausage and pepper sandwich in NY) Im riding along past the Harley Dealer (couple of waves) Im stop at a red light before a turn and this dude pulls up on my right slightly behind my front tire and under a foot from my side. I always look to my left and right when Im stopped to check what I need to contend with when the light changes and I see this dude... Hes staring at me... I give him a nod and he nods and keeps his eyes on me or my bike I turn away and feel his gaze I look back hes still trained on me... After what felt like 30 minutes I tool off like a bat out of hell and never saw him again... but man that dude was creepy...

Relayer1974

Bubba Zanetti
Reaction score
Visit site
were you wearing chaps?:cheer:

Did you forget your pants underneath them at that?:spank:

I had a non-creepy version of that happen to me. The guy stared at my bike long enough to figure out what it was and complimented me on it. Perhaps the KLR guy's gears didn't turn quite quickly enough to get to that point.

DaveOTZ

Reaction score
Visit site
were you wearing chaps?:cheer:

No chaps but I bought a new pair of lightweight cargos the other day... Don't know if it was the previous night burritos or poorly made pants... but I had a rip from my knee to the top of my crack... good thing I had clean underwear on...

The situation was just odd he had a very modern take on a dirtbike helmet so I just saw the shiny dustfilter and dark visor

wolfc70

R is for Rust Coloration
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Now Im not shy to a wave for anyone from a schwinn to a vespa, but I had a creepy encounter with a KLR...

So quick home depot trip (Northern Boulevard in Queens.... Disputably the best sausage and pepper sandwich in NY) Im riding along past the Harley Dealer (couple of waves) Im stop at a red light before a turn and this dude pulls up on my right slightly behind my front tire and under a foot from my side. I always look to my left and right when Im stopped to check what I need to contend with when the light changes and I see this dude... Hes staring at me... I give him a nod and he nods and keeps his eyes on me or my bike I turn away and feel his gaze I look back hes still trained on me... After what felt like 30 minutes I tool off like a bat out of hell and never saw him again... but man that dude was creepy...

Sometimes people do weird things. I had a guy follow me to a store and approach me saying "Hey budday! What kinda bike izzat!! WHAT kinda BIKE IZZAT. WHAT KINDA BIKE IZZZAAAATT!!!" He was practically screaming at the top of his lungs by the time I got my helmet off. I just gave him a calm look and replied "Yamaha FZ6" He mumbled a few words, I thought I heard "bitchin' bike" but I was not sure. He then trotted off back to his cage. The whole incident seemed surreal. Usually it is at gas stations that people play 20 questions. A few are always about the under seat exhaust.

As for people starring, I just ignore them. If they want to talk go ahead, but I am not going to respond to stares.