OCC Hybrid/Electric Motorcycle

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As some of you know, I work for APC at PC Connection. APC is owned by a company in France called Schneider Electric.

Is January OCC aired the episode where they build the first of its kind Hybrid electric motorcycle. Although Choppers are not my cup of tea, this thing is pretty impressive. It has 2 lithium ion batteries that weight a mere 53 pounds each built into the saddle bags. The bike can run at Full electric (300HP and 300 lbs of torque with a range of about 60 miles on a full charge) or Combined gas and electric (400HP and 375 lbs of torque and getting 150 miles per gallon at cruising speeds.)

Now, the interesting part... It came to my work today and we got to hang out and play with the bike. it is really amazing that they can get this much power with this much efficiency.

Here are some pics from the day. Keira and Cadence even stopped by to check it out!

P1010001.jpg

P1010003.jpg

P1010004.jpg

P1010005.jpg

P1010007.jpg

P1010008.jpg

P1010009.jpg

P1010011.jpg

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

keira

Mrs. Reiobard
Reaction score
Visit site
This was a pretty sweet bike, I am so glad I got the chance to head in and see it! I was amazed watching the episode the other night, that it was so quiet....being a cruiser with straight pipes and all.....but I guess electric motors kinda make everything sound like golf carts. Even big bad cruisers. :)

I'd rock it.

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How was the overall finish? When I used to watch American Chopper they always seemed to rush the bikes, so I assume the finish wouldn't be up to scratch.

Looks good though, for an environmentally friendly chopper :D

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
How was the overall finish? When I used to watch American Chopper they always seemed to rush the bikes, so I assume the finish wouldn't be up to scratch.

I've been to the showroom a few times. Didn't see the particular bike shown above, but saw many others. Finish on most looked rushed, in my opinion (ugly welds here and there and so-so paint in spots).

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
paint and welds were good, some of the 4 miles of wiring could have been run a bit better, but all in all, the finish was good.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, the bike is nicer and more impressive in person, it is just impressive to be able to get 400HP, 375 LBS of torque at 150 MPG...

Exactly! Look at those numbers. Whew! That's an electric motor making 300 HP at 300 lbs torque! That'll wheelie that beast all day long! That's just crazy @ 150 MPG! Wait a minute....that's just crazy! :eek::D

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Looks good though, for an environmentally friendly chopper :D

I think the bike was from Orange County Chopper in New York.
Edit: Found the TV show....

Last edited:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The wiring does look a little sketchy, especially that loom coming from the left saddle bag. One good left hand corner and it's going to get ripped right off.

The power is amazing. I'd love to see how it runs on a stand mile. 175+ I'd guess. During the Texas Mile this year there was a blown HD Bagger that go into the 200+ area. They had filled the saddle bags with sand to prevent the wheel from spinning. Looks like big ass batteries would have the same effect.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Yep i've heard of Schneider Electric.They have a factory in my town, Telford.Make switch gear or something like that. I think that bike is butt ugly and i would'nt be seen dead on it IMHO..
lol1n.gif