Not impressed with Fiamm Horn

chokeslam512

Dental Floss Tycoon
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently installed the Freeway blaster on my 08 FZ and I was expecting much more. I can't really even tell a difference aside from the tone. The one I got is the Low Tone version. I am thinking maybe I have it wired backwards... There are two wires from the stock horn, black and black with a white stripe. Which one is the live wire and which is the ground? Could this even affect the performance?

brad81987

Reaction score
Visit site
I've heard mixed reviews on the Fiam. I think I'm going to go with Hella Supertone. I've heard enough reviews of Stebel's failing that I don't want to screw with that either. Hella is a good name.

The service manual isnt very clear on the horn. It doesn look like strait black wire is going to ground though. You can check it easily enough with a multimeter if you have one (which everyone should :) Even a cheap $10 one for stuff like this).

DefyInertia

Former '04 FZ6 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
How did you wire yours? Did you just use the stock leads or did you install a relay?

Stock leads and I have a 2004.

I seem to remember not being that impressed at first (I was hoping for extremely loud) but it really does make a difference when there is road and wind noise etc.

I'll be buying another one for mY DR because the stock horn is just too quite compared to the FIAAM.

sabre

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the PIAA Sport Horn on my FZ and it is a huge improvement. Simple install, just use the stock leads. I have heard good things about the Stebel, but no first hand experience.

Jim Karam

Trying to Keep Up
Reaction score
www.karam.com
I also found the Fiaam better than stock, but the Stebel is much, much louder still. I've never had mine fail even though it's extremely exposed. However, even if it did, the loudness is worth replacing it if needed.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't have both high and low tone horns it isn't going to sound very good. Having both horns makes a night and day difference.

When I went to buy horns I googled the freeway blaster horn and I was taken to carparts.com. They offer the highway blaster horns which are made by wolo and cost $6 each.

I am pretty sure the sound of these is comparable to the fiamm for less $. But you do need to have both high and low tone, for these type horns, for it to be effective. I love mine!

HappyTrails

Reaction score
Visit site
I know it doesn't help anybody in the States but I got my Fiamm horn from Canadian Tire. It was around 30 bucks. I used the same stock wires frrom the previous horn. I did have to use the bracket that came with Fiamm b/c the screw stud (on the horn itself) was too short to fit through the stock bracket. It works great with no problems (so far).

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
If you don't have both high and low tone horns it isn't going to sound very good. Having both horns makes a night and day difference.

When I went to buy horns I googled the freeway blaster horn and I was taken to carparts.com. They offer the highway blaster horns which are made by wolo and cost $6 each.

I am pretty sure the sound of these is comparable to the fiamm for less $. But you do need to have both high and low tone, for these type horns, for it to be effective. I love mine!

Yep, those horns are very good. I have one in both cars, and my TW. One is going on the FZ as well. I've found that as long as you hook it up to a relay(you don't want 10+ amps being pulled through the OEM switch), a single low tone is plenty loud, on a motorcycle anyways. I've scared people back into their lanes on my TW a few times with a single honk. :D One more thing, most auto parts stores carry either the Wolo branded version, or the Freeway Blaster version(same horn), and they're usually pretty cheap.