NorCal ride to see SoCal gang 8/20- 8/22

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Load those camel packs up with ice! That's what I do before a desert run. It helps to cool my back down through my leathers. The water in the hose gets hot and plasticy tasting and I just spit that out and when the cool water comes out of the pack comes through it tastes fine.

I so wish I was meeting up with you hoons. You are the best! Watch over each other and have the best time!

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Barrett just contacted me...his VFR is in the shop, he was expecting it to be done today, but it's still there. The bike is overheating due to a bad fan relay that has a recall out on the issue. So he won't be able to make it. Also, Alex is meeting up with us at the Mobile station.

UPDATED

SATURDAY BREAKFAST IN ORANGE COUNTY @ 7:15AM:

Mimi’s Cafe in Garden Grove.

Lefty (John)
Cali Rider (John)
Chemiker (Travis)
Tailgate (Stacy)
Mostro (Jason)
McLovin (Mike)
PowellB (Powell)
Vegasrider (Kenny)
Wavex (David)

SATURDAY BREAKFAST IN TEMECULA @ 8:30AM:

Mimi’s Cafe in Temecula.

smokenu (Dave)
Rob (smokenu's brother-in-law)
Jblk9695 (Jerry)
BryanDH (Bryan)

THE FINAL ROUTE: THE MEET IS @ 10:30AM on POINT "B" ON THE ROUTE BELOW (MOBILE GAS STATION):

Link to the route.

Lefty (John)
Chemiker (Travis)
Cali rider (John)
Wavex (David)
BryanDH (Bryan)
Westgoingzax (Alex)
Vegasrider (Kenny)
smokenu (Dave)
Rob (smokenu's brother-in-law)
Jblk9695 (Jerry)
Tailgate (Stacy)
McLovin (Mike)
marke14 (Mark)
PowellB (Powell)
mostro (Jason)
n00dle (Patrick)
myrick4bmx (Jeff)
myrick4bmx's friend/wife (Kathe)

cknatz (Chris) - maybe???

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flash::Flash:Those of you who know where I live and have my mobile #. Please call me for any emergency. I should be pretty much local all day. Tools, water, air tank, etc. Have fun! :D :rockon::Flash::Flash:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:Flash::Flash:Those of you who know where I live and have my mobile #. Please call me for any emergency. I should be pretty much local all day. Tools, water, air tank, etc. Have fun! :D :rockon::Flash::Flash:

Our support team, Cliff you sure you don't want to follow along in the cage?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just got back to my room after a highly enjoyable dinner with Wavex, Cali rider, Chemiker, Tailgate and 5 other forum members who's names escape me now. Could be because of all the pitchers of IPA we drank. :spank: Great time had by all. :BLAA:
Can't post pics right now, but we took a bunch. We're all looking forward to the ride tomorrow and we may have as many as 20 going!
Update tomorrow night, I've got to get some shut eye....

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Our Theme for today's ride......:(

P1010118.jpg

P1010122.jpg

P1010119.jpg

P1010117.jpg

LOL....Lefty (John) & Marke14 (Mark)

P1010121.jpg

Last edited:

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
So after the pain in my wrist became unbearable on the way back, I got off the freeway..to realize that while i adjusted the throttle slack last night, i over tightened it..i was thinking im out of shape or something all day today because my wrist was hurting like a biach the entire ride ..turns out the throttle required a gorilla to keep it open..which also explains the crappy on-off throttle response i got all day..i've broken my dumbness record today.

lesson learned: never leave the bike inspection to the last second. Especially if you had a long day.

wrist is so sore right now but the ride was fun as hell nonetheless. It was great seeing you all..

ill post some pics i have soon..

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was a great ride - did everyone make it back OK? Who was that behind me on the 60? I hope everyone made it back to the hotels alright.

EDIT: Many thanks to John, David, and everyone involved in organizing. You did a great job!

Thank you to the NorCal and Vegas crowds for coming all the way down, in the heat of the summertime, to hang out and ride with us!

Last edited:

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That was a blast! It was great seeing everyone again and meeting new friends. And boy was it hot in the desert! Let's do it again someday!

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Great ride, had a blast. Of all the groups I've ridden with this has to be the most active and friendliest group of them all:thumbup:
And continuing with the theme of the day--
The 2 hooligans:D
DSC01939.jpg

No tickets were issued, just a verbal to keep it at the speed limit:BLAA:
The CHP was a nice guy and took Kathy to a cool spot after she got over heated going to Borrego, that's Jeff following, 112* and not much air hitting her makes for an unpleasant ride:(
DSC01951.jpg

The group by the Yeti--
DSC01961.jpg

The Pause that Refreshes:D
DSC01973.jpg

Except for a couple of incidents it was a very memorable ride:rockon:

Jerry

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone who went today, you all made the ride truly epic. The CHP officer was totally cool, he said Mark and I were clocked doing 70 in a 55. it really could have been a lot worse.:spank: The funniest part is that Mark was the sweeper for our group and I was just ahead of him. Wavex and the rest of the group were already a the bottom of the curves and off of their bikes when Mark and I came around the last sweeper and opened it up on the straightaway just as the CHP came around the corner in the opposite direction. We couldn't believe he singled Mark and I out to ticket us! But he let us go with a warning and said part of the reason was we were such a cool group of riders.:D. It does makes a great story with all the pics though.
Props to John and David for all the planning and organizing the weekend that made this ride so enjoyable. And to all the new friends I made today all I can say is thanks, you were all awesome. :rockon:

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Guy's I'm home safe:thumbup: decided to stop by Rob's for dinner then headed for home.

Thank for a AWESOME RIDE. I have some pic I'll share them in the morning, I'm beat:surrender

Nice to meet and ride with all of you.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks everyone who went today, you all made the ride truly epic. The CHP officer was totally cool, he said Mark and I were clocked doing 70 in a 55. it really could have been a lot worse.:spank: The funniest part is that Mark was the sweeper for our group and I was just ahead of him. Wavex and the rest of the group were already a the bottom of the curves and off of their bikes when Mark and I came around the last sweeper and opened it up on the straightaway just as the CHP came around the corner in the opposite direction. We couldn't believe he singled Mark and I out to ticket us! But he let us go with a warning and said part of the reason was we were such a cool group of riders.:D. It does makes a great story with all the pics though.
Props to John and David for all the planning and organizing the weekend that made this ride so enjoyable. And to all the new friends I made today all I can say is thanks, you were all awesome. :rockon:

LOL...As I pulled up behind Wavex & Powell, David gets off his bike and comes up to me and High Fives me for tearing down the mountain. As he is high fiving me, I see the CHP going right past us wondering what the High Fiving was about. That's when he got Mark and John coming down the final grade.

The officer's name was J. Peterson. Very cool LEO, and the only reason why the two were not cited was because he was informed that we were from the FZ6-Forum. com. Once again, the power of the forum.

Funny thing, as soon as the cop pulled Mark and John over and asked for their identification, everyone started to get their cameras out, and started taking pictures.