Norcal (Auburn) Sunday Oct 16th Ride Pics

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
I jumped on my FZ1 and rode down to meet Tailgate (Stacy) & Driftboat (Bob) in Auburn for a little ride in the woods today. We rode into French Meadows Reservoir via Misquito Road and then on to Wentworth Springs where I split off as the guys need to head back to Sacramento.
Today was a perfect day for riding with temps in the low 70's, fall color and new friends.

IMG_1219.jpg

Here's the crew L-R Bob, Stacy, Doug

IMG_1216.jpg

In places the canyon drops 1,500 down to the American River, if you look close you can see the road on the left about half way up the canyon.

IMG_1196.jpg

Over the shoulder with the FZ6's in tow.

IMG_1212.jpg

Gee, another corner....

IMG_1223.jpg

FZ art

IMG_1235.jpg

French Meadows. I think Stacy wanted to stop and catch some fish.

IMG_1243.jpg

After a big fire over 10 years ago the plants are returning. The red bushes are dogwood, very pretty today. In some places the roads is a bit bumpy
:eek:

IMG_1254.jpg

We stopped at Ramsey's crossing. This bridge is at least a couple hundred feet above the river, signs on the guard rails say "No Bungie Jumping"

Soon after Ramsey's we came to Wentworth Springs Road and at this point Stacy & Bob headed back to Sacramento -thanks men, good to meet and ride today!
I keep riding up the hill to the almost world famous Icehouse Bar/cafe/store and 5.00 gas but that's another story. :Flash:

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Great pics!
When are you headed back down here?
:D

Last edited:

Driftboat

Reaction score
Visit site
Had a great time Doug , pictures dont really show what the breath taken view this trip show , thanks for the invite from you and tailgate, and like to say a few words for the Chip monk that tailgate vicisously took out crossing the road:thumbup: just kidding had a great time, 174 mile trip for me .