Non fz6 exhaust help

dysfoundation

Reaction score
Visit site
So I've been wanting to switch from the noise pollution friendly stock exhaust to a more aggressive one for awhile now but I want to go a more out of the box route.

What I had in mind was to remove the cat and straight pipe a single exhaust to where the previous were. Would this work without a major Ecu tune?

I'm open to Any ideas that wanted to be thrown in about this too

Sent from my LG-P509 using Tapatalk

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
there are some members who have done a similar mod using a single exhaust. i dont recalling they had any ecu problems just the normal retune. you would get an empty space on the sides left that maybe you would have to modify to make it look more natural and flows wiht the single pipe.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Some guys did it under the seat. They just had to modify the underseat storage area some.

I was thinking of just taking it out completely, and making some kind of box to hold the essentials under there. Tool kit and insurance/registration/MSF card for base. Or mount it under my farings, or something like that.

Then the only issue was mounting the license plate again.

dysfoundation

Reaction score
Visit site
Hmm

What if you just replace the y pipe with a strait and keep the same pipe route from the headers to the muffler.

Then all you would have to do is cut the fender to fit one and do the over the tire license plate mount

dysfoundation

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea exactly like that but I want to try and keep the underseat compartment and use a TB pipe like from a r6