Nitron Shocks?

fzme

Reaction score
Visit site
Does any have a Nitron Shock on their FZ6?

FZ6 : Zen Cart!, The Art of E-commerce

Looks awesome :thumbup:
But how is it compared to WP, Öhlins, Wilbers, Penske etc. ? :confused:

Sorry, I have no personal experience with Nitron, but after about 20 minutes of searching on the web, I'm definately interested. Apparently, Nitron has a great reputation in the sportscar world for their quality and performance. They started into moto suspension in the last ten years. The brand seems to be popular in Europe (made in the U.K.). I read about 30 different opinions; not one had anything negative to say, and most were pleased with the performance. Thanks for putting it on my radar.:D

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
I have fitted Nitron shocks to a few different bikes now, though not to my FZ6, and they have all been excellent.

Also, the guys at Nitron are friendly and very helpfull if you speak to them direct.

In short, quality product, quality service, highly recomended. :thumbup:

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
They look like a great shock, on par with Ohlins. How's the spare parts availability?

Arty

Reaction score
Visit site
Obviously I can't speak for the U.S distributor or dealers, but dealing with nitron direct I would imagine spare parts would not be an issue.

If you are thinking about a nitron shock, or have any technical questions I would highly recomend that you call them, or drop them an e-mail. They are very helpfull and willing to discuss your application.

Just as an example, the last guy I know who dealt with them (a friend of mine), found that they didn't make a part for his bike, but after talking to them on the phone he sent them his old knackered shock and a few days later he recieved a brand new NTR sport, which was actually cheaper than the factory (Honda) part, and much nicer.

Not to mention that the NTR was also built to suit his weight and riding style.

I should add that I have no affiliation to Nitron, commercial or otherwise, other than being very impressed with their service and product. As always YMMV.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
The pricing looks better than Ohlins..... I guess it would depend on shipping, and the like.
475 pounds for equivelent options as what Ohlins gives you is a good deal.

Sure would be nice to know how they handle sales in North America.

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'd be hesitant is you are in NA or the US, unless they have a solid distributor. Biturbo makes nice products but in the US you can't get small parts at all. Also Hardracing.com has the best Ohlins prices, you just need to email them for a quote. Alll Ohlins shocks are set up for rider weight and use, to the best of my knowledge.

In the US there are other great brands of shocks too; Wilders, Penske, Works Performance, Progressive Suspension, Elke, etc.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Interesting. The Nitron stuff looks nice.

It'd be sweet to have a good solution costing MUCH less than $700 for our super-crappy rear shocks.

Then again, I'd be happy to get a properly sprung OEM shock from a different sport bike to work properly in the FZ6, but yinz have convinced me that it's not possible to find such a thing due to the fact that the FZ6 doesn't use rear linkage on the shock.

Last edited:

Norbert

crash tested
Reaction score
Visit site
Interesting. The Nitron stuff looks nice.

It'd be sweet to have a good solution costing MUCH less than $700 for our super-crappy rear shocks.

Then again, I'd be happy to get a properly sprung OEM shock from a different sport bike to work properly in the FZ6, but yinz have convinced me that it's not possible to find such a thing due to the fact that the FZ6 doesn't use rear linkage on the shock.
Somebody installed a R6 rear shock. Here are the instructions:
R6 Rear Shock Mod - Sportbikes.net

He bought an R6 rear shock for $25 on EBay.

Looks like DefyInertia did the same thing with an R1 shock but had buyer's remorse.
First Glace at my R1 Shock / '07 Swingarm Mod - Sportbikes.net

People have complained both are too soft.

Last edited:

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Somebody installed a R6 rear shock. Here are the instructions:
R6 Rear Shock Mod - Sportbikes.net

He bought an R6 rear shock for $25 on EBay.

Looks like DefyInertia did the same thing with an R1 shock but had buyer's remorse.
First Glace at my R1 Shock / '07 Swingarm Mod - Sportbikes.net

People have complained both are too soft.

Yes, that's that part about where I said that
but yinz have convinced me that it's not possible to find such a thing due to the fact that the FZ6 doesn't use rear linkage on the shock.

The shocks physically fit, but due to the FZ6 not using linkage, the valving and spring rate is not correct. I wish it wasn't true, but they say it is. I wonder if we could just swap the FZ6 spring onto the R6 shock?

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm having my Suspension overhauled by Maxton,who have a God like status in the UK and Europe.
They have never worked on the FZ6,so I'll keep you posted on what they come up with. ;)