newbie questions

Jim V

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought an 05 with 2000 miles, great condition. Had the fluids changed, tires changed (due to age not wear). In any case I would like to find out about handlebar risers. I'd like the bars higher and back towards me, like to be able to sit up straight, as it is I am a little hunched over. Think I'll also invest in a taller windshield.

Has anybody put different handlebars or risers on..what's available? And secondly how much play is there with the cables. Seems like it would get expensive if I have to lengthen the clutch, brake and electrical wires etc.

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Lots of different bar options. Many (including myself) have fitted the stock FZ1 handlebars. Others go aftermarket like the Rizoma bars. But ,off the top of my head, I can't think of any that don't bring you somewhat down and forward. Maybe the FZ6R bars?

As for risers, you'll see these on the forum:

http://www.twistedthrottle.com/trade/productview/2016

Maybe search eBay to find them on the cheap.

Windshields are also a fairly common mod. Search "touring windscreen" to
find some different options and opinions. Personally, I went with a Puig double bubble to bring the wind blast down from my head/neck to the chest area. Helped me with the buffeting on the old dome.

And "Welcome". As you'll soon find, this is a great place dedicating to helping owners of a great bike with almost anything.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
I have the twisted throttle 1" up 1" back risers. I like them, they don't get you straight up but does make it more comfortable and they sort of give you a dirt bike feel. It almost feels like you have more control at low speeds. And no problem with cables or wires.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Check my site link below for what I did. It's the maximum rise you can get without new cables. I love it, but I too wanna get a taller windscreen than the flip I have now. I'm saving up for a Cee-Bailey.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: To the best forum out there. You also have purchased one of the most versital motorcycles. I have the FZ1 bars and they are great compaired to the stockers. I want to try the bar risers however. Ride Safe And Enjoy The Ride. :rockon: