New VStrom 1000

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Apparently the new Strom is really looking to attack the ADV market. its getting a real Adventure setup with a 19er in the front and a new ABS system. It also gets a newly revised engine rumored to get 60MPG! not to mention that it finally gets redressed and doesnt look so boring anymore!

read more here

DL1000A_styling_acc_Diagonal.jpg

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
don't forget this is probably 60 UK mpg, which is around 50 US mpg. (our pints and hence gallons are bigger)

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it doesn't look boring. It now looks like a Multistrada got in a fight and lost.. badly!! :rof:

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, it doesn't look boring. It now looks like a Multistrada got in a fight and lost.. badly!! :rof:

not boring at all. I actually, kinda like it - a bit of treatment from TwistedThrottle and Touratech, combined with second mortgage, and selling the unborn child and it will be look like an adventure tourer. But i'm also known to like the BMW's Duck-On-Acid and Kawasaki's Swamp Thing.

By the looks of the photos crashbars and aux lights are factory (prob. optional)? That's a nice touch, unless of course they make them an option for an extra $1000. Will def need an engine guard

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Call it brand loyalty, but I like this a lot better (would probably get exactly this, if I was in the market for adventure bike):

Yamaha_Super_Tenere_25610.jpg

2012-Yamaha-XT1200Z-Super-Tenere-World-Crosser-EU-Competition-White-Studio-002.jpg

I took Super 10 out for a demo and rather enjoyed it. Great motor and trans. Very relaxing, couch-like ride. Hated the turbulence, but I'm sure that's an easy fix with a different screen.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Had I not just acquired a BMW R1200GS, I'd totally check out that VStrom!

And the first thing I'd check, is if they finally put a damn gas gauge on it. :spank:

And I had hemmed and hawed over the Tenere for a long time, but I just could not get over that Lord Volderwort nose-less look... :barf:

PFD023

Reaction score
Visit site
Comes with TC....ABS (haven't said if you can turn it off) decent size gas tank (20l).....hp is suppose to be OVER 100bhp.weighs about 34kilos less that a Super T and it's suppose to be under $13k.....SuperT only has a 1yr warranty....not sure about the Vstrom......they are going to sell a crapload of these.
FYI....crapload is more than a ****load but less than a load.

Last edited: