new treads Friday!

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Think the harshness has anything to do with tire pressure? I guess you probably would have thought of that though.

yeah, pressure is within 1 psi of where I ran the Michelins. I really don't think that is what it is, I think they just tend ot have a stiffer carcass or something. It has either gotten a little better now that they're broke in, or I've gotten used to it.

Oh yeah, so when are you going to post pictures of that truck in the bar?
You mean my beater in my avatar that I'm ever so slowly building?

Latest:

Action:
bobsledenteringnn3.jpg

bobsled1xa7.jpg

hillclimb3oh9.jpg

hillclimb1by1.jpg

These 2.5 ton axles with lockers going under it...someday...

Link to album if you wanna keep tabs:
Ryan's Chevy Truck Build pictures from trucks photos on webshots

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
Well, after finally breaking away for a very spirited ride, I can definitly say, "I LOVE THESE TIRES!!!" :thumbup::thumbup:
I'll buy them next time too, unless the Michelin Road 2's come down in price a LONG ways, then I may be inclined to try them.

They are very stable, and grip well. I was leaning all the way to the edge (no chicken strips here pal!) and it was only in the low 60s. :rockon: Sat. was a perfect day for riding :rockon:

billm

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll definitly keep them in mind. They're still pretty new, so we'll see what guys get for mileage with them. Also, aren't they a little pricey compared to the Roads?

Not when you get 'em at Cycle Gear on their Spooky Sat. Sale!
$218 delivered!:rockon:

agmom98

Navy mom
Reaction score
www.agmom98.com
Well, after finally breaking away for a very spirited ride, I can definitly say, [SIZE=\"5\"]\"I LOVE THESE TIRES!!!\" [/SIZE][/B

Thanks for the long-term report on these. My new '09 BMW came with the Conti Attacks and I have no experience with them. Previous BMW came with Michelin Pilot Roads and, based on my good experience with these, I put them on my FZ. So I was a little unsure about BMW's decision to switch to Conti's on the new 'R bikes.

I now have about 800 miles on the Conti's but haven't really pushed them like you have so it's good to know that they're performing well for you.

teeter

Frank Zappa the 6th
Reaction score
Visit site
I have 2k on them now, and I'm still loving these tires. Lots of tread left too!

Thanks for the write up! I am deffinitely ordering these from T.U. as soon as I get the cash together in the next week or so. My stock Dunflops are completely spent. I'm at 6200miles now.. they shoulda been replaced 500-700 miles ago. Now they are simply unsafe and the bike is parked. :(

damnit.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
I'm just about at 5,000 miles on these tires, and the rear has almost no tread left in the middle (darn winter commuting....). I'll be looking for new tires by the end of next month, and due to the lower mileage from these, will be looking elsewhere. I do really like these tires though!

I'm thinking Pilot Road 2's...

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
What? I had got the BT-016 for $230 shipped. Shop online, I am sure you will find cheaper deals. I will also try to search again if I can find similar prices.

RyanK

Reaction score
community.webshots.com
well, pricey compared to what the road Attacks costed. they were about $75 cheaper for the set, but that doesn't offset them not lasting as long.

After checking prices a little, the BT-016 appears a little cheaper (~$30 for set) so I'll probably head that way. Like I said, it'll be the end of next month before I make a purchase, so I'm not going to price shop too much right now...