New tires....

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Well now I am there to buy new tires.
I have the orignal Bridgestone on my bike today.
I have been looking around and I have come up with a couple of differnt tires. I want I tire that give me good grip and looks good one the bike. I dont drive so much when it is raining and I drive active, thats why I am looking i little bit more in the sports section.
These tires are in my mind right now:
Pirelli Rosso II
Metzeler Z8
Conti Sportattack 2
Conti Roadattack 2

All 4 costs about the same here in Sweden so the price dont matter so much. So all you out there, wich tire should I go for? :)

Drinky

the Dutchguy
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend of mine rides a ducati multistrada 1200, trackdays and all, and uses Michelin Pilot road 3's.
Therefor, I ignore your list and recommend those. I had the mpr 2's on my fz6, had track days as well, stuck to the road like glue.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just fitted some Metzeler M5 Interact. So far I'm enjoying these for their high speed stability! Too soon to give an all-out review, I only have about 150 miles on them. I can imagine the Z8's are great as well.

Forgot to mention that this was all possible due to Motogiro's generosity in helping me get the tires off the bike and into Cycle Gear for mounting! ;)

Last edited:

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Well I am gonna check on monday with my local tire garage and see what the metzeler cost. The mpr 3 i dont like beacause of the front tire. I think the pattern just look terrible :)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
........ The mpr 3 i dont like beacause of the front tire. I think the pattern just look terrible :)

OK it won't win any beauty contests but it works great, I'm really pleased I got it fitted, it's been handling the rain and wind really well recently :thumbup:

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
OK it won't win any beauty contests but it works great, I'm really pleased I got it fitted, it's been handling the rain and wind really well recently :thumbup:

Well many people seems to have the michelin tires and are very pleased with it. Mayby I have to reconfigure, but I really dont like the pattern of the front :Flash:

texcollect

Crotchety Old Fart
Reaction score
Visit site
After the original BT-20s wore out on my bike (6200 miles) I replaced them with BT-23s. They have 4,000 miles on them now and hardly a trace of wear. They also stick like the proverbial to a blanket.

Cribbe

Performance by Cribbe
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.cribbe.com
Today I ordered my new tires. I went ahead and ordered the Pirelli Rosso II. Bought then from my local tire dealer wich was 100$ cheaper whan my local motorcycle dealer was. I will let you all know how the tires are as soon as possible I have hit the roads.

Lagerhead

Reaction score
Visit site
What ever tire you choose, make sure you properly break them in. I learned the hard way in October when I low sided and broke my ankle. Tires didn't have enough traction for my lean angle. All I can say is be cautious!

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Today I ordered my new tires. I went ahead and ordered the Pirelli Rosso II. Bought then from my local tire dealer wich was 100$ cheaper whan my local motorcycle dealer was. I will let you all know how the tires are as soon as possible I have hit the roads.

These tires are on my list of possible ones to be fitted next. I have 10,000 on the PR2's so I reckon toward the end of the next season I will need new tires. I hope you will keep us posted on: 1) how they perform, 2) mileage longevity 3) wet weather grip

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
After the original BT-20s wore out on my bike (6200 miles) I replaced them with BT-23s. They have 4,000 miles on them now and hardly a trace of wear. They also stick like the proverbial to a blanket.

Same here, I've got 7000 mi on the BT-23's and they're still in great shape. Good touring/general riding tire, nice cornering.