New Stuff On Way

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
So, after a good hand of poker with some friends this weekend, I decided the winnings would be best spent on some new goodies le fz6

I placed orders today for
ASV Clutch and Brake - Shorty Black with Red Adjuster
15 Tooth Vortex Front Sprocket
48 Tooth Vortex Rear Sprocket

Should be seeing stuff late this week, or early next!

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So, after a good hand of poker with some friends this weekend, I decided the winnings would be best spent on some new goodies le fz6

I placed orders today for
ASV Clutch and Brake - Shorty Black with Red Adjuster
15 Tooth Vortex Front Sprocket
48 Tooth Vortex Rear Sprocket

Should be seeing stuff late this week, or early next!

Nice! That must have been a great game. Photos of course!

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great choice of mods....great bang for your bucks...but am guessing, as you are working in the bike industry, you already worked that out!

Have had a -2 front Vortex sprocket, and +1 rear Vortex sprocket on back order for 3 months now....sometimes it sucks being on this side of the World!

Cant wait for your photo's and report.

:thumbup:

CrazyBiker

Superbike Champion
Reaction score
Visit site
will these changes need a different chain?? I may bite on the rear sprocket change too.. 15T didn't really feel any difference at all.

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
it is a good idea to change the chain and sprockets all at the same time, they wear together and if you only change one at a time then it runs the ride of having the new part take on the worn characteristics of the worn part very quickly.

also, good choice in mods, I look forward to the levers, Pics?

mattcosta7

Reaction score
www.matthewcostabile.com
it is a good idea to change the chain and sprockets all at the same time, they wear together and if you only change one at a time then it runs the ride of having the new part take on the worn characteristics of the worn part very quickly.

also, good choice in mods, I look forward to the levers, Pics?

I'll definitely be getting pics when they come in. I'm not positive on the ASV stocking at the moment. As for the sprocket, low quantities at our distributor, and I'm hoping i have one of those, otherwise it'll be a bit of a backorder wait.

Yes, I'm replacing the chain alongside, but no major changes. It's rough to talk myself into replacing a chain that only has 5000 miles, but I don't want to wear the sprockets down faster than I need to. Since I'm technically only adding 1 tooth overall (-1 front, +2 rear), stock length should work fine.