new stebel nautilus air horn

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
i just purchased mine today :) i'll be installing it in the morning. pics will come, hopefully some video as well to demonstrate the difference between the stock horn and the new one for those who aren't familiar with it.

Yammi Dodger

Reaction score
Visit site
Hope you don't mind drummer for butting in..... fitted mine at bottom of engine but got weathered and stopped working. So next step was to fit in a dry position on the bike, tight fit but has never let me down since. Just thought I would post a pic just in case someone else was thinking about fitting one. Got the idea off the forum a while back when I was struggling to find a place to fit it. Just fitted the horn behind the fairing and drilled a small hole on top then fitted the bolt which came supplied with the horn. Look forward to see your pics, when fitted Phil. :thumbup:

Horn2.jpg

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I added a Fiam Freeway Blaster and am less than impressed. I tried it on the highway and thought it was disconnected. I did not even hear it. I do wear custom earplugs and full face helmet but still...

Tim

Andz

Phantom Rider
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A friend brought me a Stebel from the UK and I should be getting it today :)

I intend mounting it behind the fairing too, I had a look at Boneman's site and that looks like the spot. Can't wait to frighten my first dozy cager with it :Flip:

CoFZ6

Junior Newbie Trainee
Reaction score
Visit site
I added a Fiam Freeway Blaster and am less than impressed. I tried it on the highway and thought it was disconnected. I did not even hear it. I do wear custom earplugs and full face helmet but still...

Tim

I agree. I put one on my bike and I'm beginning to suspect it's quieter than the stock horn. Very disappointing.

mcteague

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree. I put one on my bike and I'm beginning to suspect it's quieter than the stock horn. Very disappointing.

When I get a chance I'm going to find my decibel meter and test each one. I'll post the results if this comes to pass. Maybe it's the low tone but I think it's quieter as well.

Tim

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
the package says that it should put out 139db
it may be a little while though before i do the install. i do not have quite enough skill to install it on my own, so a friend of mine is going to come over and help with the electrical part. i can't wait to hear it on the bike! i will definitely have pics of everything.
yammi, go ahead and give all of the input you'd like! that goes for anyone :thumbup:

razteo

Special Member
Reaction score
Visit site
isn't it the stock horn pretty loud?

isn't it the OEM horn loud enough?
I'm sure there are louder horns out there, but I personally find the stock horn on my 2006 FZ to be pretty loud.
I am all about safety, but I could never justify myself buying an aftermarket horn for this bike.

Has anyone been in a situation where the OEM horn wasn't loud enough?

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Re: isn't it the stock horn pretty loud?

isn't it the OEM horn loud enough?

No, it isnt!

Just like the stock headlights arn't bright enough and the stock exhaust loud enough.

I am all about safety, but I could never justify myself buying an aftermarket horn for this bike.

Well, after all $35 for a horn would be hard to justify....

Has anyone been in a situation where the OEM horn wasn't loud enough?

Yes I have. Especially at highway speeds, no one can hear that whimpy stock horn. Keep in mind that you usually have to wake up the person you are honking at and I want to make damn sure they are awake! I want them to think a freight train is derailing behind them! :thumbup:

Keep in mind people also tend to 'respect' horns that are louder than if faced with some 'cute' sounding little horn.

Last edited:

FZ6drummer

Reaction score
Visit site
i actually only bought the horn because my stock horn failed me in a low speed situation. someone practically ran me off the road, and they never heard the horn. i had it blowing for a while, and she never even looked.

bigdog9191999

High-tech Redneck
Reaction score
Visit site
Re: isn't it the stock horn pretty loud?

no, it isnt!

Just like the stock headlights arn't bright enough and the stock exhaust loud enough.

Well, after all $35 for a horn would be hard to justify....

Yes i have. Especially at highway speeds, no one can hear that whimpy stock horn. Keep in mind that you usually have to wake up the person you are honking at and i want to make damn sure they are awake! I want them to think a freight train is derailing behind them! :thumbup:

Keep in mind people also tend to 'respect' horns that are louder than if faced with some 'cute' sounding little horn.

+++++++999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

i've had to use my oem horn (attempt to use i should say) on the highway before...even i could barely hear it, no way the car i was honking at could.

all to true.. if i cant hear it and i am listing for it less than 4 ft from me.. how can the @ss in the other car going down the freeway..30 ft away?

Last edited: