New Scorpion Red Power Carbon slip-on's installed today!

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Do scorpions come with cat delete pipes

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket

No, at least not in the US. I didn't receive the DB killers either although I've read others in the US have. I believe everywhere else, the DB killers are included.

IMHO, I wouldn't remove the cat if putting on open mufflers(no DB killers) as they are plenty loud with the cat in. I've read of some issues of loping/irregular idle with the cat out with open Scorps (unless you re-tune with a Power Comander, etc)

For a stock bike, a simple slip on (with the cat) works excellent...

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking good its just a shame they dont come with the de-cat midpipe like My Leos ! :D

I wouldn't install the de-cat pipe if it came with one, they sound GREAT as they are...I wouldn't want them any louder. Idles solid at 1000 RPM, sounds like a liter bike with aftermarket pipes when getting hard on it, power lifts the front wheel with stock gearing. I'm very happy with that..

Azz

Angry Hornet
Elite Member
Reaction score
4zzdawg.com
*Drools*

I think I finally need to pick these up for when I get back on :D

The prices are a bit better now, so I've got no excuses!

It can be a birthday present for me AND the FZ :D

I don't know whether I should get them now and install them without riding it.. or whether it'd be torture installing them and not being able to test them out for a couple of months.. :(

spock

Reaction score
Visit site
If the price is good get them but don't install them until you can ride, doing otherwise would be total torture and nobody here wants that for one of our fellow members :D

KingY

Reaction score
Visit site
I love the look and sound of the scorpions so much!! had a scoprion exhaust on nearly every bike i have owned, am now saving for my scorpions for the FZ6. That is going to be a very good day indeed!!

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I had Scorps on my FZ6, now I'm looking at them for the Speed Triple. They are great pipes.

MACH3

nudist
Reaction score
Visit site
I wouldn't install the de-cat pipe if it came with one, they sound GREAT as they are...I wouldn't want them any louder. Idles solid at 1000 RPM, sounds like a liter bike with aftermarket pipes when getting hard on it, power lifts the front wheel with stock gearing. I'm very happy with that..

Its not a point of more sound its more a point of more free flow power, that cat restricts a bit you know ! :rockon:

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Its not a point of more sound its more a point of more free flow power, that cat restricts a bit you know ! :rockon:

Somebody, not long ago, posted the additional hp on a dyno was less than 1hp....

Its plently loud enough for me, I don't want it any louder for less than 1 HP, but that just me...

zackeeboy

Reaction score
Visit site
Ordered from jazz motorsports. I called and spoke with Brian in their parts dept. he gave me the best price I was able to find.

On another note...these might be up for sale here soon as I'm selling the bike and a buyer is interested in the bike in stock form, therefore the pipes may come off and be up for sale!

Alright, well since you didn't sell yours and absolutely loved the look and sound of these (especially on the red bikes) I called up Brian like you said and ordered mine yesterday! Can't wait to get them in and start the install as soon as it warms up a little here. Thanks for the pics and video to finally convince me to take the plunge :thumbup:

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Do scorpions come with cat delete pipes

Sent from my Samsung Skyrocket
Scorpion make a decat pipe you can buy separately, but it doesn't actually fit to the (newer style at least) Scorpions. I had to cut slashes in mine & squash it in along with loads of liquid gasket to get mine in and sealed. I've taken it out recently anyway as my pipes were too loud with that and the airbox mod (with DB-killers in). Don't want to imagine what it's like without them. Pics & installation details in my site link in my sig below.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
Is anyone else disappointed after reading the title and then seeing pics of carbon fibre cans that were black, NOT red!?! :BLAA: