New Scorpion exhaust

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
My buddy just got these on his bike.They look completely different from the Scorpions I have been seeing online, They look thicker and longer and the rear tips are different too. Does anybody have these? has anybody seen them before?

Video coming as soon as I upload to YouTube.

Last edited:

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that's the new design of the scorps with the conical tips. I have the exact same set, carbon fiber with chrome conical tips, on my bike. They sound wicked cool :rockon:

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Yep, that's the new design of the scorps with the conical tips. I have the exact same set, carbon fiber with chrome conical tips, on my bike. They sound wicked cool :rockon:

One thing we noticed that the tips are yellowing in color(they are only a week old). Are you facing the same problem ?

manas12

Reaction score
Visit site
Nope. Is the yellowing on the inside or the outside? It probably indicates more heat at the exhaust which might cause yellowing? But I have heard of chrome turning blue over time, just not yellow.

Last edited:
W

wrightme43

I have them in stainless now. I like the sound, they sound a bit differnt than the TI scorps in the turndown style I used to have. Still loud as hell though. LOL

I like the carbon better but I couldnt find them.

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Also just got the stainless. Very cool and sound great. Was happy to receive these when the pic on the site showed the older down pointing tube version.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
wrightme43
lmao on your quote

The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China. If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs. If we buy a computer/Software it will go to India. If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala. If we purchase a good car it will go to Germany. If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in US. I've been doing my part . -Mark Faber 06/08

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
Indysuperbike.com

Great price like around $450! No Db killers. They turned out to be the oval shape with the new ends like you have shown.

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
I have them in stainless now. I like the sound, they sound a bit differnt than the TI scorps in the turndown style I used to have. Still loud as hell though. LOL

I like the carbon better but I couldnt find them.

I found the carbon fiber at pipecity.com for 625.00

I have a question for you. Do the stainless exhausts get very hot ?

knightrider

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a question for you. Do the stainless exhausts get very hot ?

Mine are not hot at all when I shut down and check them a minute later. Not sure when they are running but I would bet you could still touch the outside (maybe not the end caps though). I think the straight through flow really cuts down on heat. My seat does not get hot from the exhaust anymore either.

PAULED

Reaction score
Visit site
Mine are not hot at all when I shut down and check them a minute later. Not sure when they are running but I would bet you could still touch the outside (maybe not the end caps though). I think the straight through flow really cuts down on heat. My seat does not get hot from the exhaust anymore either.

Agree with above post, you can practically wrap your hands around them as soon as you shut down the engine, if you wanted to that is:D

Runs cooler as well.