New Rider

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all just found the site when looking for mods for my FZ6

this is my fist street bike ever the wife got it for me last fathers day
so any tips wold be welcome, looking to change pipes and seat first off
which pipes sound the best on the FZ6,
tips on what mods to use would be helpful to.

Hutchmaster34

Sparkie
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
WELCOME!!! and hell that's quite the fathers day gift :thumbup: Here's all you need to know about an Exhaust, http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-general-discussion/29096-ever-wondered-exhaust-should-i-buy.html , as for a seat I still have stock (which sucks) but don't have the money for a Top Sellerie Seat which I hear is best. Anyways if you use the Search function on the site you can pretty much find anything you'd ever want to see. Don't forget to post some pics of your baby cause we are all FZ6 obsessed here :rockon:

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello and :welcome: to the site. Great group of enthusiasts you have here.

Give us details on your new bike! And we have short memories here.. NEED to see photos ASAP. Photos of the FZ6 never get old here

Regards,
FB

FrankieOC82

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:
Hey, I'm new here myself, but have been lurking ever since I was thinking about getting an FZ6 and finally getting one back in December. The members of this forum seem really great and know a LOT about these babies!! Hope you find it as awesome as I have been!

About the exhausts, I read a thread on here recently that was really good about a whole bunch of different exhausts:

Exhaust Thread (one of the many many on here!)

jtarkany did a lot of legwork and scanned in a cool article about a whole bunch of exhaust options for the FZ6. So if you can read german fluently, you're all set! lol. Actually, it has some great data and graphical dyno comparisons and descriptions in there, so even though I can't read a damn thing, it is still really helpful and a lot of people commented on their experience as well.

It seems as though some popular choices here are the Two Bothers, Scorpions and Leo Vince exhausts. I unfortunately dont have experience with any of these, but hopefully some more senior members on here can chime in and help you out! hope this gets you off to a start though.

BTW, the search function on here is amazing!! It's helped me find a crapload of info about almost anything you could imagine to ask about the FZ6. Anyways, hope this helps as a start!

:welcome::welcome:

Last edited:

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on the fZ6! I got a mod forum written up, just click the "click here for mods" on above my picture. Welcome to the site!

Slater

Reaction score
Visit site
Dang i think finding this form was the best thing for my bike you guys are way helpful i thank you all for that, been reading top saddlery and now i need to decide what i want more good sound or a comfy ride cant afford both lol

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Gotta say, :welcome: but :needpics:

Modding on this site is addictive. You see what someone else has got and either you copy them or get your own version of their mod. :D

Best thing is to check our "FZ6 Mods" thread and take your pic. I would advise to start of slowly and cheaply - maybe go for a little bling at first - maybe new grips or levers - and just keep going from there.

Remember, ride safe, post often and post pics. We all love pics here. Check out members profile pages - we often post pics in there too. :rockon:

Oh and, by the way, Scorpion Carbon Fiber slip-ons are the best looking and sounding pipe out there. Not that I'm biased.... :BLAA:

Dunno

Reaction score
Visit site

Your wife bought you a bike for Fathers Day? Wow. What a woman.

I cant wait to hear what you get for Xmas :D

Welcome to the site :thumbup:

Iethius

Who?
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

Awesome gift, you must be a good Dad and Husband. The FZ6 is an amazing machine, this site is pretty amazing also, so enjoy, and oh yeah, DO NOT clean your chain with the motor running.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Your wife bought you a bike for Fathers Day? Wow. What a woman.

I cant wait to hear what you get for Xmas :D

Welcome to the site :thumbup:

:rof: You crack me up sir. Anyways - yeah, welcome to the forum. I will vouch for the Leo's being a "10" on the enjoyment scale.:D