New rider here!

R

raydin84

Hi Folks,

I'm a 26 yr old male, living in Birmingham, UK.

Acquired me a FZ6 S2 couple of weeks ago after passing my test. Used to own a YZF125R when I was on 'L's.

This seems like a knowledgeable place and I thought why wait, lets just join.
So far I am loving my 'new' bike and get my pulse going, very fast ;)

Been on a couple of rides and the bike gets some looks, especially being naked (not me, the bike). It has performed flawlessly so far. Its a revvy engine for daily commuting, but I like the engine note.

I have done some small mods to it and am awaiting a couple more bits and bobs to make it unique.
Stock looks nice, but slight mods make it better:

Before:
1OWt2.jpg

After:
EVBip.jpg

New things:
Puig screen
puig belly pan
Powerbronze seat cowl

Awaiting:
Bagster tank bag (in black of course)
hong kong special bar end mirrors (rizoma style)

The last thing I want to complete is new cans, the stock ones are a bit quiet.
I hope you guys can pitch in for what to go for.

The other thing I am desperate to learn about and acquire are radios for bike to bike comms.

I have already bought a set of Albrecht TecTalk Plus. They were fine when stationary, but on the move reception was non-existent! :thumbdown:

My radio knowledge is zero, so I looking to experienced riders that can recommend something useful without breaking the bank.

I look forward to being a part of the community here and learn and share my experiences here, being relatively young on the riding scene it'll take some time.:BLAA:

Ray.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
A big :welcome: to this great forum Ray. Nice looking bike :thumbup:
Sorry don't have any info on bike to bike coms but I'm sure someone else can help you out here.
Take it easy and have fun :rockon:

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: Ray! Great looking ride you've got there!

Cans - Leo Vince! Of course I'm biased because that's what I run, but the quality really is top notch.. relatively easy to fit and they sound fantastic. Carbon setup reduced weight a full 8 pounds over stock.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
leo's are probably the cheapest unless you can find an ebay bargain, plus they can be made to with with a givi rack (though if i'd know the hassle i would have just tried to get a yamaha one)

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to the forum Ray!
Wish I could help you on the com system but our regs and frequencies probably vary a bit.

Couldn't see from the pics whether you have bobbins installed. That would be a must mod.

The bike already looks really great! :BLAA:
Again welcome to this fine forum!.