New motor or casings

fire561

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a blown 09 motor with a hole under the starter and a crack on the oppisite side. I need a full motor low miles or cases to get my baby back on the road. Anyone know of any floating around?

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not off hand - however, the crank shares the same PN as the R6. The rods, I never checked. But if they are the same it might make it easier to find some of the parts.

Assuming the rod let go through the 'casing'....

fire561

Reaction score
Visit site
Yes it threw a rod, there is a hole right under the starter and a crack on the front side. I have looked into swapping it with an R6 motor but you have to shave parts of the frame and that's not something I really want to do. I have a friend that rebuilds motors for fun and only charges 250 + parts. So if I can get a decent FZ motor and just have him play with both engines and try to make one that's my best option as of right now.

AURMEND

Reaction score
Visit site
Alright there's 2 problems with mine.
Stator cover is scratched and the left front mount to the frame is broken. I believe you need a new cylinder head or repair it.
Interested still?
07 fz6 with almost 3500 miles. Engine still runs.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your block (crankcase, pistons, rods, etc) and his head, a fair amount of parts (gaskets/rings, etc) and labor would make one good engine and a running bike..

BTW, how did your engine block break in that spot ???

Last edited:

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Your block (crankcase, pistons, rods, etc) and his head, a fair amount of parts (gaskets/rings, etc) and labor would make one good engine and a running bike..

BTW, how did your engine block break in that spot ???

Let me guess - Frame Slider FTW!
J/K honestly AURMEND. Sorry the bike is getting parted out... :(

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Let me guess - Frame Slider FTW!
J/K honestly AURMEND. Sorry the bike is getting parted out... :(

Look closer at the second pic (that's what I thought).

A black frame slider is visable farther back on the rear most arm(directly above the scruffed up cover). That forward arm doesn't have sliders used there (unless he put a third slider there). The broke block is adjacent to the left, outtermost header.

That's why I asked, very odd...

Last edited:

AURMEND

Reaction score
Visit site
Look closer at the second pic (that's what I thought).

A black frame slider is visable farther back on the rear most arm(directly above the scruffed up cover). That forward arm doesn't have sliders used there (unless he put a third slider there). The broke block is adjacent to the left, outtermost header.

That's why I asked, very odd...

alright upon further inspection i found a hairline crack on my frame above the frame slider :(

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
alright upon further inspection i found a hairline crack on my frame above the frame slider :(
That's why I won't put sliders on, saved some scratches, junked a frame..

Anyway,

Better you found the crack vs selling/shipping then getting it returned... The engine block is still good...

If you have the time, parting the smaller stuff willl be the most profitable.

How did that part of the head break? The frame arm hit something solid when it went down?

Last edited:

AURMEND

Reaction score
Visit site
Major impact on the forks, no damage on the headers, no visible scratches on the frame, frame slider got grinded down, scratches on the cover. Could the major impact on the forks/wheel have caused all that? because i dont think the frame sliders would have cause the damage to the block. Could it be the sudden stop upon impact? I was going between 40-60mph and it did hit the guard rail and curb.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Major impact on the forks, no damage on the headers, no visible scratches on the frame, frame slider got grinded down, scratches on the cover. Could the major impact on the forks/wheel have caused all that? because i dont think the frame sliders would have cause the damage to the block. Could it be the sudden stop upon impact? I was going between 40-60mph and it did hit the guard rail and curb.

That's a whole lot of impact/force, probably caught the curb or something as the frame slider should have took most of it. There should be a mark of some sort in front of that forward arm if it struck the curb (or anything else)(not the arm with the slider).

But at that speed, there's some flexing until something breaks and the engine is a STRESSED MEMBER, (part of the frame when tightened down).

Glad your ok, bikes can be replaced...

AURMEND

Reaction score
Visit site
other than some road rash on my ass due to wearing jeans and not riding pants i would have been almost completely fine. i just looked and nope, no mark.