New member welcome thread..

fannin522

Reaction score
Visit site
just picked up my 07 fz6 yesterday its my first bike i love it so far only has 6800 miles on it i want to change the turn signals to a cleaner look any recommendations for turn signals are appreciated
17353219_1236671086387799_4348870079140408491_n.jpg

Zampix

Reaction score
Visit site
Goodmorning everyone, my name is Alexander and I have a Yamaha FZ6 S2 white competition. From 2010 to now I have tried to make it even more personal and I tried to make the essential changes.
my bike has:
- Fairing carbon instrumentation
- Carbon tip
- Carbon rear fender
- Kit Matris forks
- Mono extreme tech 2
- Rubymoto additional modules: x-air unit, advance form.
- FCE module eliminates on-off effect
- Exhaust Mivv carbon steel sound
- Lights xenon kit
- Brake levers and aftermarket clutch
- Knobs Barracuda bike
- Carbon mirrors Rizoma
- Carbon arrows barracuda bike kit
- LED light blackened
- Brake master cylinder Nissin 19x21
- Braided brake hoses "carbon effect"

Will post some pictures of my bike. a greeting to all and I hope to bring positive contributions for lovers of Yamaha FZ6.

Alex

Inviato dal mio HTC_A9u utilizzando Tapatalk

CWFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all from Australia,
I have a 2008 FZ6 that had some damage on it from an accident (not me previous owner). I have been fixing her up. If anybody has a fuel tank for sale in Australia please let me know cause that is all I need to have it back to her former glory....... I love people enjoying motorcycles, as I have a few and have been riding for a very long time.
Thanks for the add to this forum..

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome from Melbourne, sorry ican't help with a tank, but wher are you, Victorian Motorcycle wreckees in Heidelberg have been helpful to me over the years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mad_Max

Reaction score
Visit site
-Double post, noob forum user :p

Attachments

• side_x2.jpg
    side_x2.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 34
  • rear.jpg
    rear.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 32
  • front.jpg
    front.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

Mad_Max

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

First off I want to say thank you to all of the dedicated and helpful people on this forum! :) I have been a lurker for quiet some time and used several tutorials, so i figured i create an account and try to participate :)

Back in 2015 i bought a faired 2004 FZ6 unfortunately i got the slow blue/silver. I did a naked conversion right away and together with, exhaust, ebay bits, plasti diped fairings black and bought a bagster cover to make it faster.

Before getting the bike out this season I am going to do my first valve check, fork oil change and brake caliper rebuild.
I also went on a shopping spree and bought some stuff that i will install as soon as possible.
-Wave brake rotors and pads
-Goodridge braided brake lines front and rear
-Bellypan
-KN filter
-ebay footpegs, mirrors and new rubber bits for gear andbrake pedal.
-New sparkplugs, oilfilter and all fluids

Next on the wish list: +2 rear sprocket, speedodrd.

Small projects i want to do:
-3D printed radiator "scoops"/ends
-Seat cowl
-Variable cross section exhaust end cap. the un-baffeled exhaust sometimes attracts more attention that wanted.

About me: mid 20's Mechanical Engineer that might be a better glorified calculator that mechanic. :)

Here are pictures from before winter storage :)
rear.jpgside_x2.jpgfront.jpg

And for the user "zampix" that posted a few messages earlier i would really like to see some pictures of your bike!

Last edited:

Full Circle

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my names Adam.

I picked up a very clean and naked 2007 Blue Fz6 with around 28000km. PO had all the original parts so I've just put her back to almost stock. I did, however, leave the TB exhaust, pazzo levers, rizoma bars and rizoma lux grips on. Not quite sure about the grips yet, we'll see after a few rides. Spent the last month, changing/flushing fluids, and pretty much every other maintenance item out of the manual. Bike goes in for a safety next Wednesday, confident it'll pass.

This is my second bike, for the past 5 years I've been touring around on a 96 xj600 that I rebuilt out of boxes. Fun bike but I've been drooling over the FZ for quite a few years and decided it was time.

Looking forward to chatting with everyone!

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hahaha! Doorag! What's up buddy?
And :welcome: new members!

Sent from Moto's Motorola

Rooster31

Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my 2008 FZ6 on February 14th, as a gift to myself. Broke up with my gf of 3 years the week before and decided it was time to get back on a bike. Bought it was 14xxx miles, and have put nearly 1500 on it the past two months. I never realized how much free time I had until I started riding miles out of the direct route to my destinations haha.

So far I picked up a puig racing bubble screen, which helps so much at highway speeds pushing air over the helmet. Put on some frame sliders, and ordered some adjustable levers to replace the stock ones. Making the bike mine is fun. Previous owner left it 98% stock with only a different license plate holder, but it came with the original fender as well.

I love riding this bike.

FinalImpact

2 Da Street, Knobs R Gone
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I picked up my 2008 FZ6 on February 14th, as a gift to myself. Broke up with my gf of 3 years the week before and decided it was time to get back on a bike. Bought it was 14xxx miles, and have put nearly 1500 on it the past two months. I never realized how much free time I had until I started riding miles out of the direct route to my destinations haha.

So far I picked up a puig racing bubble screen, which helps so much at highway speeds pushing air over the helmet. Put on some frame sliders, and ordered some adjustable levers to replace the stock ones. Making the bike mine is fun. Previous owner left it 98% stock with only a different license plate holder, but it came with the original fender as well.

I love riding this bike.

I can relate! Date was 2011-03.... We are united and true ever since. And color doesn't matter! :rolleyes:

Be strong, be safe, and enjoy the ride!

Maybe post a picture too!

KB2WYL

CQ CQ, DE KB2WYL
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome! Yeah, once you get riding again, you wonder how you ever lived that long without. At least I did. So, what are your plans with the bike? Are you a wrencher, planning some mechanical mods, or more just looks/functionality? Sometimes the smalles things can make a huge difference. One of the best mods I did was installing the $5 Cramp Buster...I love that thing...

Like FI said, post some pics, let us see her!

Loren

uno87

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello All, I just bought my first motorcycle after a long time! Went with a red 2006 FZ6 and love it!

Bought the bike completely stock from an owner who put just a few miles a year, it had a total of 3800 miles when I bought it a week ago, already put on 150 miles in 2 days haha! I look forward to customizing it and have plans to perform the streetfighter conversion with dual headlamps if possible :) Frame sliders are also likely on the menu.

Love the FZ6!

Stainless

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, I recently bought a black 2009 FZ6 as my first road bike. I have raced and worked on my yz125 dirty bike for a while and felt like moving to some road fun; hence the purchase. Also this is my first summer without my 6 year gf so I have plenty more free-time to fill:) After doing more than 500 miles in two weeks all I can say is that I'm hooked to this and am super stoked to ride this season. I already have a ton of questions and am very eager to hear your opinions. The guy I bought the bike from left it 100% stock so I have a blank slate to work this thing into my own beauty, planning a good mix of add ons once I get a few more funds this summer; an exhaust, some frame sliders and tank pads, you name it. I'm currently at university studying engineering and physics so this bike is my escape from the studies.

zepapa

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
I'm from Budapest, Hungary, and I'm a proud owner of an FZ6N 2006 with Two Brothers slip-on. This is my first motorcycle and this will be my 3rd season with her. I still have to learn and practice a lot.
Why I love this bike: it is very universal. It is not extraordinary in any areas nevertheless it does a decent job in almost anything, such as city commuting, touring, smaller trackdays, etc.
On the other hand: the stock front brakes are very soft unfortunately. The suspension (especially the front) is quite simple, thus dummy.

I was already reading some topics here on the forum that were addressing some mods to these areas, so there's hope :) Probably I'll be mostly in read-only mode and sometimes asking silly questions (apologies for that).

Here's a picture:

Last edited by a moderator:

NuterDuck

Reaction score
Visit site
So um introductions
"Godaw" as we say round these parts. My name is Kristian most people just call me Kris and i'm from Djursland, Denmark.
I have an 07 FZ6S ABS (the slower red)

Monica A

Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome: We need to see some pictures of these new rides.

Sorry to hear about all the breakups. You fellas are just not picking the right women. Gotta find one who loves to ride. (like I do). :cheer:

popo

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

My name is Popo. I own a FZ6 S2 (Blue). This is my second bike. Ive had the bike for about 2 years now and its still such a fun beast.