New member welcome thread..

slowlane

Reaction score
Visit site
:thumbup:Hello all,joined some months ago so i think its time to introduce myself. I am from England and own a 2007 black fz6n , its got a few mods ( arrow cans,pc3,nitron shock,yacugar springs & renthal flat bars)will get bike clean & take some photos when it stops raining!

tskorka

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

I'm Suzanne. I'm from The Netherlands (Amsterdam). I've got my drivers license (motor) since 2010. (car 2001)
Since then I wanted a 2005 Fazer. But I didn't have the money, so I bought a FZS600 from 2000. Now, 2 years later, I'm buying a 2010 FZ6 S2 Autumn Orange (finally).

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Did you keep your 2000 FZ? What is riding like in the Netherlands?

suuzzie

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Did you keep your 2000 FZ? What is riding like in the Netherlands?

I didn't keep the FZS600 (2000). Couldn't afford it and didn't have the space. Riding in the Netherlands is very flat... So for nice riding I travel to Belgium, Germany, France or Spain. In The Netherlands highway exits are much fun, nice corners and with motorcycle guarding rail.
vangrail_motor.jpg

peccashope

Reaction score
Visit site
Gooday! I'm from North Delta British Columbia Canada and just bought my first FZ6 last week. What a sweet ride!!!!!!! It's a 2006 red one with 19000kms on it. Previous bikes I've had:

1996 Yamaha RT 180
1994 Kawasaki KLR 650
2000 Suzuki Bandit 600
1996 Triumph Trophy 1200

Chris

DeepBlueRider

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I'm from Sunnyvale, CA, USA. I've been relocated to US in 2010 and never ride before. I needed commuter so I've took MSF class and got hooked :) I've got my first motorcycle (cruiser :rolleyes: ) just after class and month later my wife finished her MSF and bought her bike. And from that point we're together enjoying riding twisty roads.

So as time goes by I've learned my riding style doesn't really fit cruiser (or at least one I've got) so I'm looking into buying 2007+ FZ6. That's how I ended up here, looking for information, advices and other riders experiences.

I'm Looking forward to share some experiences.

burg town

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello, I'm a new member(obviously). I recently traded my 1977 CB750 even up for a lightly crashed 2006 FZ6. I paid $800 for the CB and minus the time I spent staring at it, digging through boxes of my spares, and tuning it. That was my only cash into the bike. It was a get on and go cafe racer. I'll post pics if anyone cares to see it.

The FZ had been laid down on the left side and slid under a truck. Broken fairing, broken front fender, broken stator cover, broken radiator, broken bars(but not controls), tweaked forks, and a broken left driver peg. A few very minor scratches you don't see until you look hard at the bike. I've already replaced the stator cover, radiator, the forks just spun in their places(no bend at all!!!), and a stock set of bars(because I think they are cool). I picked up a 4.5inch round hi/lo headlight with 3 wires that I'm having trouble wiring correctly. Any help there would be great. Still looking for a possible better option(maybe a ruckus dual set up with the shrouds and all).

This is my first modern bike. My first bike with FI. I've pretty much only done cb750 and cb550 in various styles until now. I do also currently own and ride a lot, a 1991 TW200 that I've done Japan style all the way.

This forum looks like its going to be very useful. Thank you for starting this. Any suggestions on how to wire my 3 wire headlight would be appreciated.

Thanks again

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
welcome, sounds like you are going with a naked or streetfighter style setup, good choice! one quick note is on the ruckus headlights, those things are huge! i dont know if they are 6" or 7" just keep that in mind:thumbup:

:needpics:
i wanna say these are 3"
8c1e62fa.jpg

Acumen

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all! Nick here.

Just bought a 2007 Yamaha (blue) FZ6 yesterday. So-Cal rider here. Prefer comfortable touring over highly aggressive sport riding, which is what led me to the FZ.

So far, I can't get enough of this bad boy. So comfortable compared to other sport bikes! Very manageable around town and as a daily rider.

I was raised on V-Twins, so I'm still getting used to the I4 feel, but so far, I really think I chose wisely. Reading many of your informative, funny, and welcoming posts here, you guys(and gals) are starting to convince me of my decision, as well.

I have a feeling I'll be hanging out here quite a bit in the near future. You guys all seem great, and I love all the gorgeous photos of your FZs you post here! Awesome source of great information, too!

So, as a first-day poster, I already have lots of "thanks" to dole out to everyone. Keep up the great work, see you all around!

bobdigi88

Reaction score
Visit site
Sup. Name's Bob. Just bought a FZ6, 04 (fast blue) picking it up next week (19.7.12) first fast bike so apprehensive and excited. No pics yet as haven't got bike yet. Thought i'd best join a forum for some advise, help and all that.
Window cleaner. 33 years old. Just passed full test and ready to move on from my Yamaha WR125r.

ver4

Reaction score
Visit site
My name's Victor aka ver4. From Baltimore, MD, but currently residing in Surprise, AZ. I'm new to the FZ6, but not new to motorcycles. I had previously owned a 93 Suzuki GS500E for the past three years, but due to moving I had to sell it. I've since relocated and I picked up an 04 Yamaha FZ6 that has had some modifications done to it. I'll post some pictures in the picture thread.

Decor58

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys,

Name is Rob, I've been riding a FZ6-S 2004 for just over a year now and added about 8000 miles to it :)

I love riding it and doing what bits of maintenance I can, although I have had to take it to the garage once since I've had it as I couldn't solve the problem, it turned out to be a faulty regulator/rectifier.

Joined the forum to get some hints and tips on future work as I think there maybe an underlying problem that caused the reg/rec to go, although that's another thread. I'm also about to change the fork seals & oil.

About me... I've just graduated with a master's degree in aeronautical engineering, so if anyone wants to offer me a job PM me :D

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and congratulations on passing a very tough test. Hopefully the summer will start soon.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk 2