New member welcome thread..

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name's Aaron and I just purchased the FZ6 I've been wanting for a couple of years. I rode it home (in the rain) and LOVED it. It's as easy to pick up and ride as the most basic starter bike but it's as powerful as a R6. Looks good and mean too. I look forward to putting on some Rizoma turn signals (anybody have a good source?), maybe an under-tail kit, and definitely some angel eye headlights.[/QUOT

Aaron :welcome:
Post some picks of the bike. Look around on the forum, you will find lots of info.

:welcome:

Falcon1220

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All!!

My name is Sonja and I am from South Africa. Got my FZ6S as a Christmas prezzie last year from my husband!!

Been riding for about 5 months now and love every moment I spend on my "Chica"!!

:D

:welcome: Sonja. Hubby must be a great guy. Good for you and welcome.

Welcome to all the new members. :welcome: :cheer:

oldmanFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
just joined,as username indicates,i'm old,63
got the 09 FZ6 2 days ago.
my 4th bike,Honda CL350 in 71,Honda CB550-4 in 76,Suzuki GS750E in 80(had it 24 yrs.)
missed riding so I had to get back into it.
it was a decision between 4 models;1st eliminated Suzuki Bandit 1250-too much weight,2nd eliminated Yamaha FZ1-front end comes up too easy,last elimination Suzuki GSX650F-almost bought it(I was after a black 08)dealer started playing games,settled on the 09 FZ6.

sniff6

Be nice i am
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all i'm Sniff6 from over the pond and here's my 88' FZ600

81435796.jpg

Last edited:

chill

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi everyone!

...I'm from Vancouver BC, Canada. I've been following this forum and getting a ton of great advice ever since I bought my bike at the '09 Vancouver Bike Show. I'm loving the bike and I've already taken it on a trip along the 101 (Oregon coast). I started upgrading and plan to eventually go 'naked' (cause who doesn't like being naked) and just thought I should say "hi" and "thanks" for all the great advice. :thumbup: :D

Last edited:

uclajoebruin

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. Just wanted to introduce myself and thank everybody for a great forum dedicated to the FZ6. My name is Joe and I have actually been a member for a little while, but finally picked up a 2005 FZ6 a few months back. I've already since transformed it into a naked bike. I'm from the SoCal area and my FZ6 is my daily commuter.

- Joe

spine

Reaction score
www.shop4biker.co.uk
Hi all! I'm a lady biker from Greater Manchester in England, UK. I've had my black naked FZ6 since September 2009 and loving every minute. It's my first big bike as i had moved up from a 125cc to this, so it was quite a reality check at first.:D
I'd never swap my FZ for anything and if i was going bigger, it'd probably be a FZ1 (if not, Triumph Speed Triple!;) )

kill3r

Reaction score
Visit site
hy hy!!! my name is Yus. Im from Brunei. I just bought my new black yamaha FZ6-N from last two weeks. This is my third bike n the biggest bike i ever ride hehehe. Nice to know abt this forum. hopefully you guys can help me on how to give some modification since im the newbie hehe thank you. :welcome:
28977_1340995359959_1083446040_30849687_3262718_n.jpg

Last edited:

Bigdaddykronk

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. Im from Wisconsin. Actually joined the forum to help out my step-son,he's riding an 08. Lookin for some help on servicing his bike. I ride an 2000 1500 Goldwing(ya im old, almost 41).

CHEMIKER

Running Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all. Im from Wisconsin. Actually joined the forum to help out my step-son,he's riding an 08. Lookin for some help on servicing his bike. I ride an 2000 1500 Goldwing(ya im old, almost 41).

:welcome: to the forum! You came to the right place for service help, there is already a wealth of info here, and what little isn't already here can almost certainly be answered by one of our members.

Oh yeah, 41 isn't old! I have a friend who will be 50 in August, and just upgraded from a VFR to a CBR1000RR. You just chose the ride that you like, that's all.

mauro

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi to all
My name is Mauro I´m from Argentina and I have a 08 FZ6 N S2
I work in a locksmith place and I don´t speak english
But here I´m
This is my 3 bike and is the best!!
So nice to meet you all!

peachFUZZ

Reaction score
Visit site
Um, well, golly gosh and hello. I'm 40, fat, balding, currently a bit beardy, and from Wallasey on God's own Wirral. England. UK. Europe. Earth.

Started riding last year when my little girl (with a little help from the wife) booked me on my CBT for Father's Day.
A YBR125 for the commute to work and a Direct Access course later, and I picked up my 2004 FZ6-S on Wednesday evening.
Took a while to decide what to get, was going for an SV650 but at 6'0" and 17 stone it just felt too fragile. Thought about a GSX650F but they're still too new so used prices are high and I'm poor, so was all set to get a Bandit (spotting a Suzuki bias yet?) but sat on a Fazer and something just felt right. Had a test ride and just loved it. Still getting a feel for her, clutch feels really heavy and throttle seems to go from nothing to 'Jesus! Calm down fella!'. It has only been a couple of days though.

Anyway, I'm sure as I develop as a rider I'll need lots of help and advise so this seemed a logical place to start reading up on stuff and hanging out.

:thumbup: Carry on.

Sotex

Reaction score
Visit site
Guess it's my turn.

Very pleased to be saying howdy as a new owner from southern Texas, USA.

Picked up an '09 in stunning blue off a local showroom floor just a couple of weeks ago. Seems like ever since (well, when not out riding...), I've been sitting here reading and absorbing.

I've attached a quick pic -- snapped as the FZ6 sat cooling in the driveway, just after the first ride home from the dealership. Wife had to tie a rope around my waist, then lash the other end to a rock; I was pretty much walking on air and she thought I was going to go tumbling off in the breeze.

No mods in mind yet, just enjoying the bike in stock form. Definitely keeping my eyes open though, curious about what others have done.

Not my first bike, but easily could be my last!

Y'all take care --

- Edward

dean2287

Easy Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome and congratulations all you new FZ6 owners!

I wouldn't say that the FZ6 really needs any mods, the stock setup is great. It's more personal taste. Frame sliders are a good addition for any bike (some debate on this issue), a taller windscreen if you are tall, Top Saddlery or Cobin seat for touring, aftermarket exhaust if sound means a lot to you, FE kit for looks, twin light mod, LED's, K&N air filter, bla, bla, bla...

Bottom line is get out there and enjoy your ride!!! Let the mods follow your needs.

:rockon:

metal hed

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everyone my name is Jon and I'm from wisconsin. I have been riding for only about two months and have never had so much fun in my life! I have taken a msf course to get my lisence. And for my bike I bought a left over 08 from a dealer and I think I got a pretty good deal, its got the stainless scorpions on it. Hopefully there will be more mods to come.

lewdfinger

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Keith. I turned 45 this Spring and today I passed my road test and rode home an '06 FZ6 - my first bike. Major props to the contributors on this forum for so much valuable information. Also thanks to Mark C. (I don't know his forum name) for a great deal on the bike.

I was pretty nervous about riding it for the first time but it really is a pussycat at low revs. It took me 5 or 6 stops to get a handle on the (quite small!) friction point but after that it was too much fun.

On the way home I was cursing myself for buying a bike with a tachometer that doesn't work because I couldn't see any bars, but on closer inspection I was only turning 3k! That's going to take some getting used to. Quite a kick in the pants over 7k..

Couldn't be happier :thumbup:

KD

(Yes I took a course - 'Ride for Life' with Fleet Safety International in Calgary)

Last edited:

Deltajetmech

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello to everyone...I'm Mike from Denver. Got my first bike last Wednesday, it's an 09 FZ6R in Raven black. Been a blast to ride so far, and looking forward to adding the miles to it.

uc9F1zzKVHGxTIER8YEjV9yEWaRdrVxeFS_Q0CuL4vo

Last edited: