New member welcome thread..

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Name is John, 34yo from Fayetteville NC area. Just bought a 2008 black FZ6 with 64 miles on it. The guy who sold it, bought it, drove it home, drove it to a friends house who had a garage, and left it there. (the home it rested in had a bike lover there so he started it daily to keep everything working) REALLY great deal. I go to an NC motorcycle safety course beginning of next month, after that I can finally drive the darn thing as I never had the endorsement on my license.....Can't wait.

Glad to be here. Phil, from San Diego, 58, retired airline pilot. I have
a 2009 FZ6. This is my 8th bike. Honda CB160, '39 Harley Knucklehead chopper (hey, I was 19!) Honda CB550, Vespa 200, Kawasaki ZX-11 (hang on!), Aprilia RSV Mille, Ducati SR1000 Monster, and now the Yamaha.

Welcome people....happy riding, but it's gotta be said...

:needpics:

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. My name is Amin and I live in Fresno California. I just got my new 2009 black FZ6 yesterday, and I freakin love it. Its my first bike and its so easy to ride!

Hi everybody! I'm John from Colorado.

Just picked up a new-to-me '08 FZ6. Fits perfectly in my stable between the Connie and the KLR650.

I started riding many (many, many) moons ago on dirt bikes. My first full time street bike was a Yami SecaII. I picked up the KLR after determining that the Seca didn't like to be ridden too aggressively when adventuring on dirt roads :D. More aggressive tires would have helped, but it was a good excuse to get another bike ;). The Seca was retired before her time. My fault totally, single vehicle accident. Short story: Beautiful mountain views, camera, overconfident rider looking for unique action shots...... I was fine (ATGATT), but the bike and camera, not soo much :(. As a replacement, I was looking for something better on the highway as the KLR is a decent adventurer so picked up the Concours.

I was looking to replace the KLR as it's a bit long in the tooth and have been lusting after the Ducati Hypermoto for a while. I really like the Duc, but new is just way too much $$$ and I haven't had luck finding anything used in my price range either. Was about to go with a new Versys, but the shop I was at had a used FZ6 sitting there, so I thought I'd take a test ride in remembrance of the Seca. It reminded me of all the things I like about the Seca, and it's a lot more sporty/fun/updated as well, so I brought it home instead of the versys :thumbup:. Maybe a bit of a snap decision given it's not a great KLR replacement, but then again, I think motorcycling is about emotion not reason. Besides, it was cheap enough I can keep the KLR as well so I'll still have an escuse to pickup a Ducati Hyper if I can run across a good enough deal :BLAA:.

Again, Welcome people.....but

We wanna see your bikes! :D

:thumbup:

Shinleung

Reaction score
www.flickr.com
Hi all FZ6 fellow riders!

I have been here for a few days but I was too busy reading the interesting post and never had a chance to introduce myself.

People have been very helpful in this forum, thanks for the help again!!

I am currently living in Brisbane and I have been riding FZ6 for 2 years or so, should have opened an account here earlier.

My current mods:
Tom Tom Rider V2 GPS, RK Chain, K&N air filter, Rizoma Track 77 indicator (rear), Oggy knob, Galfer braided brake line (front), Rizoma Mirrors, Two Brothers carbon fiber exhaust AND I WANT MORE!!

Last edited:

Prebstar

FZ6 Maintenance Man
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all FZ6 fellow riders!

I have been here for a few days but I was too busy reading the interesting post and never had a chance to introduce myself.

People have been very helpful in this forum, thanks for the help again!!

I am currently living in Brisbane and I have been riding FZ6 for 2 years or so, should have opened an account here earlier.

My current mods:
Tom Tom Rider V2 GPS, RK Chain, K&N air filter, Rizoma Track 77 indicator (rear), Oggy knob, Galfer braided brake line (front), Rizoma Mirrors, Two Brothers carbon fiber exhaust AND I WANT MORE!!

Welcome to the forum mate. Good to see another Aussie here, but....

Thunderdog

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello all my name's Lee and I live almost in the somewhat famous N GA mountains. I bought my first road bike last week, an '07 FZ6 in the faster blue color! Last year (after a 26 year "retirement") had bought a DRZ400S and have been doing dual sport rides. Started riding Enduro's and MX in 1970 on OSSA Pioneers, one Stiletto, and a '74 Phantom. In '77 got a Penton GS6 "frame breather" and finally, in '80, got a 420 KTM (which retired me). So, fast forward to April '10, I take my DRZ on a road ride in Dahlonega, GA to Highlands, NC with friends, (2 on Vstroms 1 on KTM Duke) and had to have a “road bike”. The FZ6 is the perfect bike for me—not too heavy, has all the power I could want, handles great, really sharp looking bike!

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
New 2008 FZ6 owner, Tampa, FL

HI, just bought a 2008 FZ6 from a private owner north of Tampa, FL. The bike did not have a scratch on it and about 2,200 miles. I bought my first bike in 1984, a Suzuki street 550 that I rode back and forth between home and Macdill, AFB, FL where I worked and I did some east coast trips and general riding around Florida. Since the 550 I got married and most of you know the whole story there. I finally made the decision, that was burning inside me for over 20 years, I needed to get back to riding. I've received a great deal of negative feedback getting a bike at my age like the FZ6 but that is to be expected. I have a 17 year son who is really into riding and I let him drive the bike around the immediate block. Now he has the riding fever but that is to be expected as he is a great deal like me. I went with the FZ6 because of the style and the look along with the performance. I don't have the time to cruise so I wanted something I could ride around the area that would be fun to ride and have performance.

starner

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name is Jared. Live in Ohio and going to college, just bought a 2008 FZ6, purplish-blue. Only has 100 miles on it, the guy drove it from the dealership then back and traded it in. Nice deal on it. Just recently got my endorsement, I've been riding a friends Honda CBR600 F4i for a while and I decidied I needed to get my own bike. Other than my new found love for riding I play hockey and go to school. Also, recently got my pilot's license! Woo!
dealersite%2Fimages%2Fhondamotorsports%2Fvp1618871_5_large.jpg

dealersite%2Fimages%2Fhondamotorsports%2Fvp1618871_2_large.jpg

Last edited:

roybach

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all, I'm Roy and live in West Wales UK, Traded in my lovely BMW for an 05 FZ6 as I'm getting on a bit and decided that something lighter was needed, previously owned the brilliant 2001 Fazer1000 so have no worries in buying the FZ6.:thumbup:

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Jared, you have the exact bike I have and the one I recently purchased came from Ohio near Toledo but ended up in Tampa, FL. I believe the color is cobalt blue. My bike had about 2,200 miles on it when I bought it but was treated very well and does not have a scratch on it.

Enjoy,

Jim

Coco

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All!!

My name is Sonja and I am from South Africa. Got my FZ6S as a Christmas prezzie last year from my husband!!

Been riding for about 5 months now and love every moment I spend on my "Chica"!!

:D

FAZR6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just Saying Hello...Just Found this Forum

FAZR6 here saying hi. I ran across this forum today for the first time. Been a long time member of another well know forum for years but I'm glad to have found this one. I'm an original FZ6'er and pioneered a few mods that are still alive and well today including the FAZR6 Fender Eliminator and the R6 Fork Mod which many of the members here whose names I recognize are using.

I no longer own my FZ6 but I miss it dearly and sold it to get more serious at the track. Anyways, I hope it's ok if I hang around here and see what you guys are up to these days.

Mike

bogdani0405

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

My name is Bogdan, I'm from the great country of Romania, I own a 2007 FZ6, and I really like it. My first bike was a SUzuki RF 400, sold it and bought a Fazer. I was torn between a SV650 and the Fazer but in the end, the Fazer chose me, and I'm happy "he" did that..

Asfalt uscat(translated and a little bit adapted into english it means "May the road be always dry...never wet or greasy")

Mancolt

Reaction score
Visit site
I never posted when I first joined, so I'll do it now:spank:

My name's Colt. I live in Pittsburgh, PA. Recently graduated from college with a BSBA in Finance and took a job as a Financial Analyst with a global healthcare enterprise based out of Pittsburgh. I bought my first motorcycle, my Blue 2007 FZ6 about 3 months after getting the job as a reward. Always wanted a motorcycle, but never really had the funds and my mom didn't want me to own one while she still payed some of my bills!

Argyle

abstract thinker
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi All,

I'm back to motorcycle riding after a 5+ year hiatus, my previous bike being a '77 Kawasaki KZ 750 that I rode in college. Monday I picked up my new '09 FZ6 and I am already happier with it than I imagined. These forums are a great resource - thanks all for the info and see you around! :thumbup:

coffebean

student on wheels
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there,

My name is Thomas and I'm from the Netherlands. I'm a student in Mechanical Engineering (automotive) and I'm a member of a student racing team. Meeting more and more guys with bikes stimulated me to get my license. Last winter, I've had my motorcycle lessons partly on an FZ6. I totally loved it and bought one myself just 2 days after receiving my license.
I own a black/silver FZ6-N (yep, I'm from Europe) and I'm enjoying it every second! After one quick spin, my girlfriend decided to get her license too :)

Being completely new in the biker world, I enjoy watching your movies and reading your stories + howto's.

Thanks for all that! :thumbup:

Thomas

Edit: can't do without a picture, right?
962732792_6_SfVR.jpeg

Last edited:

aaronisu

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey, my name's Aaron and I just purchased the FZ6 I've been wanting for a couple of years. I rode it home (in the rain) and LOVED it. It's as easy to pick up and ride as the most basic starter bike but it's as powerful as a R6. Looks good and mean too. I look forward to putting on some Rizoma turn signals (anybody have a good source?), maybe an under-tail kit, and definitely some angel eye headlights.