New member welcome thread..

ecurb

Reaction score
Visit site
ecurb exposed

Hi. I'm Bruce from Palm Bay, Florida. Got my new, slow red, '07 FZ6 last Dec. after a 10 year break from bikes. I got it to celebrate my 50th birthday, thinking that if I waited any longer I'd be too old to consider it. The FZ6 is my 6th bike. My last one was an '87 Radian (Yamaha 600 cc) that was crushed when a minivan pulled out in front of me. It took me 10 years to get past that experience. We should start a thread on lessons learned the hard way.

I'm a systems engineer with Harris Corp., finally living the good life in Florida after spending 20 yrs in the AF living where they wanted me, and 7 years in Maryland wondering how I was ever going to get back to Florida. I've got 6 "kids", 3 grandkids, and one terrific wife who has been with me through it all (31 yrs). She's the one that convinced me to treat myself to the FZ6.

In the Air Force I did everything from pounding sheet metal on F4 Phantoms to launching satellites on Titan !V rockets. I've lived in Florida, South Carolina, Texas, Illinois, Ohio, California, Maine, and Maryland.

My hobbies include tennis, wood working, computers & software, roller blading, puzzles, fishing, and reading.

Thanks to all who are responsible for making this forum such a fun and educational place to visit. :thumbup::thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You sure don't look 50?

2078d1202691240-new-member-welcome-thread-ecurb_thumb.jpg

kakarote

Reaction score
Visit site
newbee to form

Alot of new members join and dont introduce themselves so Ive added this thread for all to introduce yourself....

Ill go first...

Hi all I am From Langley BC Canada. I started this site due to a lack of sites dedicated to the bike I love.... the FZ6 of course... It doesnt matter how crappy a day I have had, all I have to do is put on my gear and go.... The world disappears... the FZ6 is my first bike.. Its a 2005 Galaxy Blue one.. (Yeah the blue ones are faster... Its not a rumor). I am an Engineer and currently work rebuilding crash damaged helicopters and general Helicopter maintenance..... Okay nuff about me... Who is next.... Writeme43? Bren?....

Dennis

:Sport: cool!, I [was ] an Air ambulance helicopter rebuilder and a structural repair/modifier etc., for Rocky mnt. helicopters in the states. LOVED IT!!. Was glad to hear of another rotor head on the site. Nice site for FZ6's, very well laid out!.:rockon:

freezewrgeezer1970

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6 from the uk

hi i have a 2006 fz6
im from the east coast of england,i work as a refrigeration engineer,my girlfriend and i both ride she has a cbf500

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:Sport: cool!, I [was ] an Air ambulance helicopter rebuilder and a structural repair/modifier etc., for Rocky mnt. helicopters in the states. LOVED IT!!. Was glad to hear of another rotor head on the site. Nice site for FZ6's, very well laid out!.:rockon:

Welcome to the site, have fun.

oogie

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name's Danny,live in Dalton,Ga. Have been riding since 1968, have owned bout a dozen bikes....currently own a 2004 Kaw. Vulcan, and the recently purchased FZ6. I am having more pure riding fun on this lil bike than any I have ever owned....400 miles so far this week, in the cold mostly...can't leave it alone. :)

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, my name's Danny,live in Dalton,Ga. Have been riding since 1968, have owned bout a dozen bikes....currently own a 2004 Kaw. Vulcan, and the recently purchased FZ6. I am having more pure riding fun on this lil bike than any I have ever owned....400 miles so far this week, in the cold mostly...can't leave it alone. :)

Welcome.

It is better than drugs. :rockon:

Rafael

Reaction score
Visit site
New Member:

Hi,I'm Raf,and I just got an 2007 FZ6,and I like it so far.Last time I owned a Yamaha was in 1982(550Vision).

Last edited:
J

jsteinb95

Hi,I'm Raf,and I just got an 2007 FZ6,and I like it so far.Last time I owned a Yamaha was in 1982(550Vision).

Hey Raf.....welcome to the family, congrats on the purchase and enjoy the site. :thumbup:

ManicFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello. My name is Alan, and I'm a FZ6aholic! I live in Alabama, USA, I am a crane operator, i'm 52, love long walks on the beach, sun se.... Oh sorry! Got carried away there.:D I do love my 2005 Silver and Black FZ6! ( yes the silver ones are faster:p) I'm looking forward to getting to know all of you! Thanks for having me.