New member welcome thread..

ender

ohfive
Reaction score
Visit site
What a fun ride!

I took the MSF course in Atlanta GA in 1984 and didn't have reason or time to get on a motorcycle. I was driving a '71 Dodge Challenger R/T (440 cu. in. 4 spd., ask me about the engine mods) and teaching white-water kayaking. Twenty-three years later, the leather jacket still fits. I retook the MSF course and purchased a used 2005 FZ6 (liquid silver and black, its a good thing it is slower than the blue...) with only 1800 miles on it.

I have really enjoyed reading this forum's technical, modification and gear discussions. Keep up the good work.

You will have to excuse me, I'm going out into the garage to just look at my motorcycle (its only 26 degrees out there, otherwise I'd be riding).

ender

ohfive
Reaction score
Visit site
What a fun ride!

I took the MSF course in Atlanta GA in 1984 and didn't have reason or time to get on a motorcycle. I was driving a '71 Dodge Challenger R/T (440 cu. in. 4 spd., ask me about the engine mods) and teaching white-water kayaking. Twenty-three years later, the leather jacket still fits. I retook the MSF course and purchased a used 2005 FZ6 (liquid silver and black, its a good thing it is slower than the blue...) with only 1800 miles on it.

I have really enjoyed reading this forum's technical, modification and gear discussions. Keep up the good work.

You will have to excuse me, I'm going out into the garage to just look at my motorcycle (its only 26 degrees out there, otherwise I'd be riding).

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com

FZ6biker

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi there everybody ! Greetings fron Fort Worth Texas !

Hi I'm Mark! Just wanted to introduce myself and give a shoutout to all the awesome members of FZ6-Forum. My ride is a 2004 Yamaha FZ6. I just got back to riding after almost 10 years. And all I can say is I just cant imagine how I stayed away for so long. Its great to be back. Looking forward to getting to know you'll and talking with you'll soon.

Mark

Admin

Staff member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Mark! Just wanted to introduce myself and give a shoutout to all the awesome members of FZ6-Forum. My ride is a 2004 Yamaha FZ6. I just got back to riding after almost 10 years. And all I can say is I just cant imagine how I stayed away for so long. Its great to be back. Looking forward to getting to know you'll and talking with you'll soon.

Mark

Hi Mark... Welcome to the family:thumbup:

maverick1970

Reaction score
Visit site
Jeremy Davis new member intro....

Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy Davis. I currently reside in Moreno Valley, CA but will be moving back to Jackson, GA sometime next month (its a long story).

Anyway, I've got a 2007 FZ6 S2 and absolutely love it. I started riding in May of 2007. My first bike was a 2004 Honda Shadow. I loved that bike too, but I sold it in July and bought my FZ6 in August (I moved to Cali and wanted something a bit quicker). I didn't want to jump straight into a super duper sportbike, which is why I choose the FZ6.

I use my bike as a daily commuter. I've added a sport touring windshield by CalSci (California Scientific Motorcycle Windshields), red strips on the rims (for looks), and a GIVI monokey top case. I plan on adding the side bags but saving up the money first cause those things cost a lot!!!

Believe it or not, I found this website when I was searching for help installing the side frames for the side bags. Boy was that a task with the turning signals.

Anyway, it's good to be amongst fellow FZ6 riders.

100_3270.jpg

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello everyone. My name is Jeremy Davis. I currently reside in Moreno Valley, CA but will be moving back to Jackson, GA sometime next month (its a long story).

Anyway, I've got a 2007 FZ6 S2 and absolutely love it. I started riding in May of 2007. My first bike was a 2004 Honda Shadow. I loved that bike too, but I sold it in July and bought my FZ6 in August (I moved to Cali and wanted something a bit quicker). I didn't want to jump straight into a super duper sportbike, which is why I choose the FZ6.

I use my bike as a daily commuter. I've added a sport touring windshield by CalSci (California Scientific Motorcycle Windshields), red strips on the rims (for looks), and a GIVI monokey top case. I plan on adding the side bags but saving up the money first cause those things cost a lot!!!

Believe it or not, I found this website when I was searching for help installing the side frames for the side bags. Boy was that a task with the turning signals.

100_3270.jpg
Welcome mate, We all have time for a long story when your ready lol.

Neil

Y

yukon_alex

Greetings from Canada's Yukon!

Hmmm. Looking at the title of my own post makes me wonder if there is another Yukon out there somewhere...

My name is Alex and I have lived in Whitehorse Yukon for the last 15 years. I am married and have two great children both of whom got motorcycle helmets for Christmas! I can't wait to get them out this summer.

I have been without a motorcycle for the last 3 1/2 years (needed to go to Europe for 3 months without racking up bills that were too huge!). I am going to Vancouver this Friday to pay for and get photos of my new FZ6! Woohoo! I am really looking forward to my trip home with the bike around the end of April.

I have been riding since I was 16. I took a MSF equivalent course in 1984 and haven't looked back. First bike was a XL125 and the second was my father's BMW R65. I have progressed through many small bikes and a couple of large ones. My last bike was a 1987 ZX750F. I loved the motor and I think the new FZ will be very similar, better in every way, but similar.

Thanks to everybody that inhabits this forum as you all seem like good people. If you are ever in the neighborhood, please look me up!

Alex

ToolKit

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Jim live in the UK, past my test last may. Ride a FZS on a 02 plate in fast silver!!!
by looking a all these threads i must own one of the oldest bikes here :-( Oh the shame of it.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I'm Jim live in the UK, past my test last may. Ride a FZS on a 02 plate in fast silver!!!
by looking a all these threads i must own one of the oldest bikes here :-( Oh the shame of it.
Mate this is a Fazer forum so you are welcome. According to the bike mags, the Thundercat Fazer is better than the newer models.
Its a sound bike so welcome, you live in the same area as Numpty. I'm going try and sort out a ride with in the spring if your interested.
Neil

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com

100_3270.jpg

welcome .... I like the rim strips on your bike :thumbup:

mikebike

just a rider
Reaction score
www.crazyguyonabike.com
Hmmm. Looking at the title of my own post makes me wonder if there is another Yukon out there somewhere...

My name is Alex and I have lived in Whitehorse Yukon for the last 15 years. I am married and have two great children both of whom got motorcycle helmets for Christmas! I can't wait to get them out this summer.

I have been without a motorcycle for the last 3 1/2 years (needed to go to Europe for 3 months without racking up bills that were too huge!). I am going to Vancouver this Friday to pay for and get photos of my new FZ6! Woohoo! I am really looking forward to my trip home with the bike around the end of April.

I have been riding since I was 16. I took a MSF equivalent course in 1984 and haven't looked back. First bike was a XL125 and the second was my father's BMW R65. I have progressed through many small bikes and a couple of large ones. My last bike was a 1987 ZX750F. I loved the motor and I think the new FZ will be very similar, better in every way, but similar.

Thanks to everybody that inhabits this forum as you all seem like good people. If you are ever in the neighborhood, please look me up!

Alex

Welcome Alex... I have seen other posts by you... either way Glad to have you here Enjoy:)

Y

yukon_alex

You're right, Mike. I have been here for about two weeks now and I am just getting around to introducing myself. All of the guys and gals from California and Florida have been making me jealous the whole time.

Thanks for the welcome!

Alex

ender

ohfive
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Mike. I have taught kayaking on the Nantahala, Ocoee, Hiawassee, Pigeon, Chattahoochee and E. WA, N. ID. I'm not a Vol fan, my wife and I coached our daughter's soccer team for 5 years - give me a game well played, teams with heart and an emotional attachment.

Ice and rain in Knoxville, I'm waiting for a warm day.

steveindenmark

Older Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi My name is Steve and I live in Denmark, although I am English.

I returned to biking last year after an MC accident in 1991 broke both my arms and right leg. I bought a Suzuki VZ800 Intruder and rode 18000 km last year.

I was looking for something I could tour 2 up on with more HP than the Intruder and saw my 2006 FZ6 in the bike shop when I went in to warm up and get a free coffee. I am new to it and it is new to me.

I know very little about the bike so I will be asking plenty of questions.

I have plans to tour Denmark, Germany and France this year.

JONAC

***** Contributor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi My name is Steve and I live in Denmark, although I am English.

I returned to biking last year after an MC accident in 1991 broke both my arms and right leg. I bought a Suzuki VZ800 Intruder and rode 18000 km last year.

I was looking for something I could tour 2 up on with more HP than the Intruder and saw my 2006 FZ6 in the bike shop when I went in to warm up and get a free coffee. I am new to it and it is new to me.

I know very little about the bike so I will be asking plenty of questions.

I have plans to tour Denmark, Germany and France this year.

Welcome Steve to a great forum :thumbup:

4fun

Member #1360
Reaction score
Visit site
Just joined

:thumbup: i been browsing the site since i got the fastest of the the bikes (the blue 07). i found a lot of good info on this site so thought maybe i should join.