New member welcome thread..

nakedorange

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi,

My name is Babis...

I own a 2006 Yamaha FZ6 (a NAKEDORANGE one).

I live in Athens (Greece ) where I am an operation supervisor(cash in transit).

I have previously owned: Hornet Honda 2004, NX Honda 1994, Montesa H7 1980.

:thumbup:

H

HavBlue

My name is Charlie and I moved from Southern California to Kentucky in March of 2006. I ride a 2004 FZ6 in the more fashionable Galaxy Blue. I also ride a 2004 Harley-Davidson XL1200 Roadster and when I'm really bored I have an 05 Yamaha Roadstar. Out west I worked as a Ranger for the US Forest Service and currently work as an agent for the U.S. Treasury (IRS). I ride as often as I can and after 44 years in the saddle I haven't slowed down much.

We have our own dirt track on the property so we still go both ways, street or dirt. Either way I guess riding gets under your skin and there's no getting rid of it...... Yeah.....

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome, you lucky bastard lol, not jealous at all .
We have our own dirt track on the property so we still go both ways, street or dirt. Either way I guess riding gets under your skin and there's no getting rid of it...... Yeah.....

Good luck
Neil

bobdrumscv

Reaction score
Visit site
Another new guy.

Hi,
I'm Bob from Tucson Arizona. I own a silver 2005 FZ6. I use it to to get to and from work and for fun. I'm glad to have stumbled upon this site! It's a pleasure meeting all of you.

W

wrightme43

Hey Welcome everybody, I have not been paying attention to this thread like I should. I mean I missed Seth's Black FZ6 which is awesome.

J

jsteinb95

Hi Bob. Welcome to the family. You found the best site out there. :thumbup:

fz6hawkeye

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, my name is Kyle.

I'm 19 and currently in my Sophomore year at the University of Iowa, where I am studying Industrial Engineering.

I was bit by the 'motorcycle bug' in late May, and had my license, safety certificate, and '05 Silver FZ6 within the week.

I wouldn't have it any other way, I ride safe and I ride for a long time. :)

Now I'm just counting down the days until the sun is out and the roads are dry and I can hit up all the backroads and avoid the Johnson County Sheriffs and the State Troopers.

:)

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey all, my name is Kyle.

I'm 19 and currently in my Sophomore year at the University of Iowa, where I am studying Industrial Engineering.

I was bit by the 'motorcycle bug' in late May, and had my license, safety certificate, and '05 Silver FZ6 within the week.

I wouldn't have it any other way, I ride safe and I ride for a long time. :)

Now I'm just counting down the days until the sun is out and the roads are dry

:)

Hi kyle,

Keep up that safe riding, congrats on the bike, and most of us are waiting for the better weather.

opds9091

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome eveyone, we are one big happy forummamily, from every part on the plant all with one thing in common. the best part about this forum is that our noses are not in the air like some other forum (i wont mention which one, but we all know) here we try to help, answer, laugh, and soon some of us will meet in MAY of 2008 for the 1st Annual FZ6RC/MC (LOL). Lets keep doing what we all do, and grow.

Tripdad426

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello I live in Yucipa CA. I have a 06 and it is my first street bike. I put 350 mikes a week on it, go to work. Buddy has a 05 and said he loved it and I would to, and he was right.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello I live in Yucipa CA. I have a 06 and it is my first street bike. I put 350 mikes a week on it, go to work. Buddy has a 05 and said he loved it and I would to, and he was right.

Welcome to the forum, hope you find everything you're looking for.

Putting 350 Mikes on your bike sounds like something from Dr Seuss :justkidding:

Seriously congratulations on your buy, and enjoy.

JohnTex

Reaction score
Visit site
Another newby... 40yr old chemical engineer from Houston. I've had the motorcycle bug for 25 years, and finally bought in, starting with a safety class last month. I'm new to motorcycles but have been racing bicycles on the road & velodrome for over 15 years. I plan to commute to work on the motorcycle (50 mi round trip), which should be easier than the fixed gear bicycle I have been using.

My bike is a used '07 FZ6, in red. Yeah, I know the blues are faster, but mine looks better :)

My worst riding problem to date is dealing with the daily crosswinds off the Gulf at highway speeds. Everyone says I'll get used to it with more saddle time- man, I hope so!

J

S

sportrider

Yeah, I know the blues are faster, but mine looks better :)
actually the Red is faster!!!
My worst riding problem to date is dealing with the daily crosswinds off the Gulf at highway speeds. Everyone says I'll get used to it with more saddle time- man, I hope so!

J
you will get used to the crosswinds, it just takes some time. eventually you won't even hardly notice them anymore.

oh by the way, Welcome Aboard!!!:D

wattolad75

ManxBikerLad
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello

Hi everybody, My names Craige and I'm from Douglas in the sunny (yea right) Isle of Man.

A lot of you may be familiar with it as its the home of the world famous TT races.

Im relatively new to biking I passed my test in august and bought myself a shiny new FZ6 S2 and am I glad i did I love it.

Ive grown up with a love of bikes (hard not to coming from the IOM) and after 21 years i got off my worthless arse and got my license :-D

right im babbling I cant think what to say anybody wants to know more just message me.

Peace out
Craige

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Another newby... 40yr old chemical engineer from Houston. I've had the motorcycle bug for 25 years, and finally bought in, starting with a safety class last month. I'm new to motorcycles but have been racing bicycles on the road & velodrome for over 15 years. I plan to commute to work on the motorcycle (50 mi round trip), which should be easier than the fixed gear bicycle I have been using.

My bike is a used '07 FZ6, in red. Yeah, I know the blues are faster, but mine looks better :)

J

Welcome John
As Danny says the red one is actually quicker.

It gets pretty windy here in Holland from time to time but you'll get used to it.