New Member - New Bike - Old Question

ArmyDocInTraining

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello out there everyone,

Im a new member and recently purchased an 08 fz6 from a local dealer. They are saying I need to come in for the initial maintenance but I have an issue paying a dealer $200 bucks to do something I can do myself (not a first timer). Anyone have any thoughts on this? Will it void my warranty if I don't have them do it? I realize this question has been posted before, but Id like to get some more opinions.

Thanks!

lytehouse

The Toy Lady
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I can't answer your questions but:

:welcome: to our little corner of the world

(I'm sure someone here will be able to help ya out)

reiobard

Samurai FZ Soldier
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
they will not void your warranty for you self maintaining your bike, best thing to do is to keep a journal of the mileage and what services you do, that at least shows that the work was done in a timely manner if they have any questions.

FZ6Pilot

Reaction score
Visit site
I talked to my service manager - he was on vacation, so I did the 600 mi oil & filter change.

He said that's the most important thing to do. Also check the nuts and bolts. I asked him about "synchronizing the injectors" as per the manual and he told me not to worry about it.

He said he would be glad to charge me the $87 for the 600 mile inspection, if I still wanted it.

He also said that the computer is a very good diagnostic indicator, and will tell you if it needs any servicing...

You'll really like the bike!
:thumbup:

UB1

Reaction score
Visit site
Congrats on your new bike. I too just bought a new '08 and just recently did the 600 mile service. reiobard makes a good point, also keep your parts receipts with you're records as additional proof. Enjoy your new ride!