New member here with some FZ6 questions

andrewclaycomb

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey everybody, I've been lurking unregistered on this site for a while now because I've been thinking about getting an 08 FZ6.

I've been riding for a few years now and have gone through two bikes. My first bike was a 78 Suzuki GS750E that I completely rebuilt and hotrodded, and my current bike is a 1997 Bandit 1200S. I've sold the GS and I am thinking about trading the Bandit in for the FZ6.

Here are the two bikes:
DSCF0005.jpg

DSCF0002.jpg

Some might wonder why would I move from a 1200 to a 600... Well the FZ6 is water cooled, fuel injected, and makes more horsepower. The Bandit does have more torque and that's one of the things that makes me unsure about the FZ6.

Does it sound like I would be a candidate for the FZ6?

Did you all purchase Yamaha's extended warranty? It seems like these bikes are basically bullet proof and if you got a lemon you would find out within the first year anyway. I do like the peace of mind of having an extended warranty though.

I'm also considering doing some trackdays if I get this bike, but I can't find many 1 piece leathers for my size. I'm around 6'5" and about 265 lbs. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Visit site
I rode a bandit of about the same year and the FZ-6 is more fun...in my humble opinion. Either way, it definitely sounds like you have the requisite experience on a bike to enjoy the thing without killing yourself.

The only question that I would have if I were you pertains to your size. I am hovering right below 6-foot and it occurs to me that someone significantly taller than I may have some space issues. Have you been on an FZ-6?

andrewclaycomb

Reaction score
Visit site
Well I just took my bike in and am trading it in on a new Blue 07 FZ1. I pick up the new bike tomorrow after they prep it.

It's too bad because what made me want to go with a Fazer was this site. Anybody know of any good FZ1 forums?

Yamahahauler

Reaction score
Visit site
Condradulations. I think you could be happy with a 6 or the 1. I have a 2006 fz6 and i think it is idea for me but my next one will probably be what you just did. Their are so many good bikes to pick from anymore what's a guy to do? I spent 2 months decieding on an sv650s or the fz6, the power of the fz won me over but i still like the sv650s. Try this link and see how you like it.
Yamaha FZ1 Owners Association (FZ1OA)