New member from Texas

TheSandman13

Reaction score
Visit site
My name is Sandy, and I'm semi-new to the forum. Actually joined about 5 weeks ago. I recently bought a 2006 FZ6 (the faster blue one).

I've had my license for 33 years, and have been riding for over 40 years, but I haven't ridden much for the past 15 years since I sold my last bike. Got the bug to start riding again when my 20 year old son told me wanted to learn to ride and buy a motorcycle. He signed up for the MSF course, and I went ahead and signed up with him. Figured it would be good to knock the rust off, but surprisingly, I learned a lot about things that I've always done instinctively, but never new what it was I was doing. It was a good experience.

I bought the FZ6 five weeks ago, and after riding mine for a couple of weeks, my son ended up buying a 2011 FZ6R. We got a good deal on mine, and a smoking good deal on his.

Took care of bd43's headlight mod right away, and I've followed that up with a new Puig racing windshield, and new Pazzo levers. The headlight mod was a no-brainer, and the new levers have made shifting much smoother. Not sure what or when I'll do anything else. Previous owner dropped the bike at some point. It has a cracked left faring that has a half-assed repair job. Already ordered a new one. I have a paint booth at my shop, so I might do a new paint job at some point. Will probably paint the front forks black too. We'll see how much energy I have. I might just ride it and not do anything else for a while.

Pics attached, along with a pic of the boy's new bike. (yes, I know I need to polish the headers too...)

:welcome: to the forum. :thumbup:
It's great to see yet another new member here. As I've posted before, we've got great, friendly people on this forum and a vast amount of useful information on the FZ6.
Wise choice on the faster blue version....:BLAA: Thanks for posting the pics!

:welcome:

Pretty much anything you want to or need to know about FZ6's is here... somewhere!LOL! :thumbup:

Congrats on you and your boy's new bikes!

BTW, the red FZ6's are faster, but that's just between you and me OK? :scared:

Last edited:
:welcome:

Pretty much anything you want to or need to know about FZ6's is here... somewhere!LOL! :thumbup:

Congrats on you and your boy's new bikes!

BTW, the red FZ6's are faster, but that's just between you and me OK? :scared:

I might paint this one blue AND red, so it will really be the fastest...

:welcome: To the best forum and motorcycle out there. I am sure you will enjoy your new toy. Thanks for posting and the pictures. :thumbup:

Back