New here... Hi!!

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I just became part of the yamaha family. All my friends do yamaha so I do now too.... I just purchase a nice 2007 FZ6 with 15k miles on it. Now being accepted into the forum. I wanted to thank all the guys and girls that take the time to help other yamahaers around the glove....
1st forum question...

Im new to yamaha, is there anything I should keep an eye out or fix before it goes bad on it? I have a honda superhawk and cam tentioner are the #1 problems there.. lol thanks again!!

aussiejules

Elite Member
Premium Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the family, when i had mine i had no major issues, just serviced her got on and rode, but had low kms when parted,. Im sure the others will give some great pointers.:welcome:

XTremo

Reaction score
Visit site
These motors are bulletproof......but like with all bikes, don't cut corners on oil and filter changes!

People have always said to me that I change my oil unneccesarily......but as I tell them, oil is cheaper than metal! :thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:

If the tyres are original, it may be time to change them, regardless of how much tread is left. Also, I'd change the oil and possibly the filters.

Do a search for items such as oil and tyres are we have hundreds of threads on them :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
:welcome:to our big happy family. You've got a great bike that should give you many trouble free miles. Just keep her serviced! :)

JONJONsocal

UNKNOWN HOON
Reaction score
Visit site
picture.php

picture.php

here you go.. Im working on it as we speak.. Got frame sliders and adjustable levers.. Ill post more when completed.. thanks again.:D

SweaterDude

Broke-zillionaire
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi I just became part of the yamaha family. All my friends do yamaha so I do now too.... I just purchase a nice 2007 FZ6 with 15k miles on it. Now being accepted into the forum. I wanted to thank all the guys and girls that take the time to help other yamahaers around the glove....
1st forum question...

Im new to yamaha, is there anything I should keep an eye out or fix before it goes bad on it? I have a honda superhawk and cam tentioner are the #1 problems there.. lol thanks again!!

if the gas tank is too dry, the bike wont run....:BLAA:

and congrats on the choosing the fastest color.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's two new members in the last week with the best year and the fastest color.
Welcome! :rockon: