New guy from Southern MN

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey guys! Started looking at FZ6s lately for this coming season and figured I'd register here and get to know stuff about what I'm buying.

If I could ask a favor of you already, I'm looking at this bike: Listing Looks to be a decent deal, but one thing stands out. Researching I found out that it has a 2007+ speedometer/instrument cluster, but he has it listed as a 2006. I'm going to check it out next weekend. Are there any other tell-tale signs as to which year it is?

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate it! That kind of sweetens the deal. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for when I go check it out? Any common issues with these bikes?

CanadianFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks, I appreciate it! That kind of sweetens the deal. Is there anything in particular I should be looking for when I go check it out? Any common issues with these bikes?

The 2007+ models don't have any real issues... None worth mentioning in my opinion.... Saying that, I would make sure routine maint has been adhered to, however...

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
looks nice but there seems to be a hole in his story, he says 1 owner, with a bad back, bike is not for me, and it has 14K miles? im sure im just in that kind of mood but id look it over close, and like mentioned before make sure all maint. was done

red_rock_beetle

Reaction score
Visit site
looks nice but there seems to be a hole in his story, he says 1 owner, with a bad back, bike is not for me, and it has 14K miles? im sure im just in that kind of mood but id look it over close, and like mentioned before make sure all maint. was done:ban:

dpaul007

Reaction score
Visit site
looks nice but there seems to be a hole in his story, he says 1 owner, with a bad back, bike is not for me, and it has 14K miles? im sure im just in that kind of mood but id look it over close, and like mentioned before make sure all maint. was done:ban:
true...I'll ask about it.
At least it's not purple and white! Sorry you know a Packer fan can't resist! Good luck buying your bike! You'll love an FZ6!
ha! You packer fans are one of a kind:p

I'm really hoping this works out as I'm super stoked for the riding season.

iSteve

Reaction score
www.flickr.com

I was thinking just the opposite, a 07 with only 14k he must not have time to ride it.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site

It could be that he recently messed his back up and can no longer ride

2006_FZ6

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like a 2007, but check the manufacturers label to be sure. Maybe there was a crash and the front end was replaced with 2007 parts? :don'tknow:

Agree with everyone else about the mileage. I bought my 2006 with only 5K and some change 2 years ago. Just ask the current owner.