New Guy Basic Oil /clutch ?'s

Reaction score
Visit site
Pretty basic question here......Brand new bike, 3 weeks sold, I've put about 200 miles on her & finally have gotten 5 minutes to start poking around. What is the appropriate Oil level (told ya it was basic, but read below), as I can't seem to find specified in the manual. It seems really low to me, just a hair above the min. level on the dip stick both 5 minutes and 30 minutes after running? New to bikes, so I understand that the clutch is also lubed by the engine oil. I've noticed shifting is difficult sometimes, but pre-purchase I read many articles that was par for the course with this bike, at least to a new rider?

THANKS MUCH in advance!!!!!:thumbup:

(Sorry if this isn't the right area for this post....I am new here and new to the FZ6. I've been checking this forum out for a few weeks and finally purchased a leftover 2007 FZ6 here in San Diego a couple weeks ago.
Truth be told, I haven't riden any sort of bike in about 17years, I'm only 34 so I was just a kid. ) Finding it amazing !!!!!!

Last edited:
I would say anywhere in the shaded area after warmed up is ok.
maybe that's just me?
it's better to be a little low than have too much.

With three quarts and a new filter mine is in the lower range of the hatch marks.
After running, put on centerstand, allow 5 minutes or so to drain down, Unscrew dipsick, clean with clean rag, reinsert do not screw in and it should be on the hatch marks.

Takes time for the bike to wear in, and for you to get used to it. Over the miles the issue will disapear.

Back