New gear :)

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, seeing as I just turned a year older, decided it was time for a new jacket. My old Walden Miller leather jacket was just about falling apart (17 years old...lol, zipper didn't want to work any more).

Went and visited Stephen (ex Maxi-moto employee) at Peter Stevens Clearance centre and picked up a new RST Explorer Winter Jacket.

View attachment 36106

The wife noticed that they had Draggin's discounted, so grabbed a new pair of them too. If I'm not visible on the road in these, then there's something wrong with motorists eyes...lol
Spotted the boots in the corner, tried on a few and grabbed a pair of Dainese as well.

View attachment 36107

Didn't plan on spending that much today, but seeing as all my gear was getting old, best to replace it... just in case.
Had a quick look at the helmets too, but nothing there I liked. Really want a new Shark as I'm not impressed with the AGV that I got a couple years back.

Decided to drop into the main store and checked out their range of Sharks.
Well, I now own a new Shark RSI Carbon. Wow, so comfortable and it weighs less than a feather :D.

View attachment 36108

View attachment 36109

View attachment 36110

Not bad for only going to get a new jacket :spank: :rolleyes:

:rockon:

agf

Go Naked- Its liberating
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Hmmm, something about birthdays that bring on the gear review. I stared on mine back in April with a layby @ Peter Stevens Melb.,on a RST Paragon 11 Hi-Vis jacketand wasnt really going to buy a lid either but ended up trying on a Shoei xr 1100, in the clearance centre
and the rest as they say, is history, the old KBC sits in the shoei box in the garage and the old leaky jacket(tho still very warm), went to the brotherhood.
I looked at Peter Stevens clearance for yellow draggins, but they only had a 32, I wanted a 34. but the prices were really good

So a belated happy birthday, enjoy those pressies!!!

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Dave, lets take a look at those pant when you are wearing them with your new jacket. Have the misses take a picture. Don't forget the new lid too.

Ransom

Does anyone smell blue?
Reaction score
Visit site
Oh, yeah! I love the Shark line of helmets! I am on my second one. The Shark S650 Live helmet! Light and it seems to be just a little quieter than my old Bell. Hope you enjoy the new gear! and Happy birthday!!!:rockon:

Sith Lord

Reaction score
Visit site
A few good choices there:

I've got the camo coloured Draggins, so not quite as bright as you! I bought a Shark, super comfy in store, but then it rode up on my head during my first ride. Luckily they took it back and I went back to an AGV. Looks to be identical boots to mine. Bought them 12 months ago at Peter Stevens. Love 'em:thumbup: What, no blue on the helmet:confused:

Talking about upgrading due to age, must look into whether the Kevlar in the Draggins 'wears out'. Mine are 3 years old now.

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought a Shark, super comfy in store, but then it rode up on my head during my first ride. Luckily they took it back and I went back to an AGV.

I had a Shark before, and after having the TiTech AGV, just wanted to go back to the shark.

Looks to be identical boots to mine. Bought them 12 months ago at Peter Stevens. Love 'em:thumbup: What, no blue on the helmet:confused:

Talking about upgrading due to age, must look into whether the Kevlar in the Draggins 'wears out'. Mine are 3 years old now.

Good news with the boots. As for no blue on the helmet, they only did a black or a white in the Carbon Edition... and I'm not a big fan of white.

This is my 3rd pair of Draggin's (in 6 years), my last pair (the normal camo colour) is still pretty good, but the pockets are fraying at the top.

Dave, lets take a look at those pant when you are wearing them with your new jacket. Have the misses take a picture. Don't forget the new lid too.

I'll get a photo "geared up" and post it later :)

turbid

Reaction score
Visit site
nice shopping spree there. got some high quality equipment there too. i especially like your shark. review time for me as well i just got a pair of draggin silverbacks and a clearance shark rsx. i'll snap some shots and review them later on

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, seeing as I just turned a year older, decided it was time for a new jacket. My old Walden Miller leather jacket was just about falling apart (17 years old...lol, zipper didn't want to work any more).

Went and visited Stephen (ex Maxi-moto employee) at Peter Stevens Clearance centre and picked up a new RST Explorer Winter Jacket.

View attachment 36106

The wife noticed that they had Draggin's discounted, so grabbed a new pair of them too. If I'm not visible on the road in these, then there's something wrong with motorists eyes...lol
Spotted the boots in the corner, tried on a few and grabbed a pair of Dainese as well.

View attachment 36107

Didn't plan on spending that much today, but seeing as all my gear was getting old, best to replace it... just in case.
Had a quick look at the helmets too, but nothing there I liked. Really want a new Shark as I'm not impressed with the AGV that I got a couple years back.

Decided to drop into the main store and checked out their range of Sharks.
Well, I now own a new Shark RSI Carbon. Wow, so comfortable and it weighs less than a feather :D.

View attachment 36108

View attachment 36109

View attachment 36110

Not bad for only going to get a new jacket :spank: :rolleyes:

I thought it was your Birthday you were celebrating mate; not the blood lotto win lol.
It's nice to spoil an auld fella once in a while.
Do the pants have a volume control?
Love the jacket, boots and the helmet.

Nelly
PS Don't every get in the position where you need to test it.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Love the new lid!! Now you just have to do up your bike like Wolfman to make it all match! :D

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got a photo with the new gear on. My work-mates think I look like a giant piece of coral...lol (hmm, bike looks tiny when I'm standing next to it).

View attachment 36176

Used the new helmet for a couple of days now... Awesome purchase. Much quieter (than the AGV Stealth) and it's so light, hardly feels like you've got a full-face helmet on.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
New gear looks great Dave! I don't think the bike looks small...I think you look big! :rockon:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Got a photo with the new gear on. My work-mates think I look like a giant piece of coral...lol (hmm, bike looks tiny when I'm standing next to it).

View attachment 36176

Used the new helmet for a couple of days now... Awesome purchase. Much quieter (than the AGV Stealth) and it's so light, hardly feels like you've got a full-face helmet on.

Wow Dave, you make the bike look tiny!

I've seen you ride in person - and you DON'T look out of place on the bike.

Just the angle of the photo.

Coral - :rof:

:D