Votes: 30 16.4%
  • I still the the FZ6 better!

Votes: 153 83.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KindredGhost

Reaction score
Visit site
I'd buy one... if I had money layin around for it... and I didn't have my fz6... I think it looks good! ONly thing I don't like is it seems a bit front heavy because the fairings seem so big up front.

KG

Oblisk

Reaction score
Visit site
thats a project bike that FZ6R id be interested in seeing if one could custom fit a R1 style exhaust on it that would even out the front heavy look

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
View attachment 7730
Bison or not, here is the bike that i think it is meant to replace.

06YFZ600R.jpg

Notice the \\\"heavy\\\" looking front end and single headlight, and the under body exhaust is much better than the cannon on that bike.

09MS_FZ6R_blu_S3_a4f817ff.jpg

And the Diversion looks much more like it than the US FZ6R.

2009-XJ6S-static-01_prv_tcm46-265481.jpg

Over here (the Netherlands) they haven't brought out the FZ6R but introduced the new Diversion, which is for all intents and purposes a FZ6R with the lower fairing removed.
I used to have a Diversion (Seca II) and it was a cheap functional bike, I personally think that this name better describes the FZ6R. Don't get me wrong I like the look of the US FZ6R but to know you're getting a less quality bike with less power just doesn't do it for me.
I think they didn't bring out the FZ6R over here as it would compete with the FZ6 Grand Tour S2 ABS , the fully faired full blooded FZ6.
View attachment 7731

:drool:

Last edited:

xj750_Pete

Young Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Over here (the Netherlands) they haven't brought out the FZ6R but introduced the new Diversion, which is for all intents and purposes a FZ6R with the lower fairing removed.
I used to have a Diversion (Seca II) and it was a cheap functional bike, I personally think that this name better describes the FZ6R. Don't get me wrong I like the look of the US FZ6R but to know you're getting a less quality bike with less power just doesn't do it for me.
I think they didn't bring out the FZ6R over here as it would compete with the FZ6 Grand Tour S2 ABS , the fully faired full blooded FZ6.
View attachment 7687

That grand tour version looks very nice. I wish yamaha would bring that over to the USA.

Sawblade

Hopped up on Mountain Dew
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I like the look of the FZ6R, but I wouldn't settle for a lesser bike. My next bike will most likely be an FZ1 or maybe an R1. :D

interactive3

FZ6 Rider
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looking at the image of the yellow fz6r...

• The rear fender looks strange hanging way out there. I guess they want people to remove it.
  • Ugly rear swingarm. They got it right on the 2007+ fz6.
  • Is that the exhaust in front of the rear tire? Lower CG is good. Not very attractive though.
  • Tubular frame with extra "filler" below the seat looks cheap.
  • Is the front footpeg position moved back or does it just look like it because of the short rear end?

It's not really an FZ6 based bike. It seems that Yamaha is using the name recognition.

However, I welcome any fz6r owners to the forum, and I'll shut up now.

S

sportrider

wow I guess I should've read this thread before looking in ADMINs FZ6R thread. I basicly mirrored everything said here :D

Y

yukon_alex

If I had to give up my FZ6 I would find a YZF600R before I would buy the FZ6R. They will probably have equal power but the YZF has a larger tank and fully adjustable suspension...a much better starting place. Let's not forget that when it was first introduced, the YZF put the boots to every middle-weight out there. Yes, I am that old!

The FZ6R is so obviously a competitor for the suzuki GSX650F (not GSXR) that they even stole the look of the front fairing from Suzuki. An entry level bike is good, and I would love to see more riders out there. I think that Yamaha might simply have taken too many short-cuts on this one.

Frankly, I expect more from Yamaha.

kustom17

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm not liking the FZ6R at all.. I really like dual headlights over the cyclops look.

speaking of headlights anyone check out the awesome '09 R1 !!!

I just got done watching the video's Yamaha has of the R1 on their site..... boner town!:liar:

back to the FZ6R.... there are a couple cool things - exhaust and the seat... but besides that ... no thanks

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

I'm curious which forum the US FZ6R and the (UK) XJ6 (Diversion) owners are going to use. I find it a bit confusing why they decided to use 2 totally different type numbers, for the same machine :confused:.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Y

yukon_alex

I found the market for the FZ6R! My 12 year old son wants one! He thinks it might be worth modifying the fork, brakes, swingarm.

VWci

Reaction score
Visit site
i like their look but XJ6 and FZ6R are 78 hp and both have 160 size rear tire...techically they seem to go backwards.... :(