New FZ6 owners, check your windscreen screws

JohnP

3rd Photo Contest Winner
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently went to install a PUIG windscreen on my FZ6 and found one of the screws missing and the other five screws very loose on the stock windscreen. :eek:

I have about 2K miles on the bike.

So don't screw around and check yours now! :thumbup:

-John

coursonap

Reaction score
profile.myspace.com
They are plastic screws with brass inserts so make shure that you dont ge tthem to tight or you will strip them. That is something you should check every couple hundred miles.

Jman

Metamorphic
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I use stainless pan head style with allen key inserts and black nylon washers. Have not noticed any issues :don'tknow:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
if you do strip them do what i did:

take a chisel and hammer, and hammer into the screws with the chisel to make a flat cut-out. then use a flat-head screwdriver and ur all set :)

Scorphonic

No Man is an Ireland.
Reaction score
Visit site
You can also go online (O you already are!! :)) and check out :: T A S T Y N U T S :: by Pro-Bolt (Just go to the online store and select the FZ6 (2004+) within the Yamaha link...ENJOY!! :)

I got the red alloy screen nuts from them....my god they are classic!! :) This company shipped them in no time at all and they have more then enough nuts and bolts to keep any person happy!! So next in line for me is to replace all nuts on the bike with red titanium bolts...time is the only problem! :~)

Last edited:

squirly

Reaction score
Visit site
It's a good idea to check all bolts every few hundred miles. My bike was 2 days old and on the way home in traffic my front right brake caliber lost both bolts and came off lucky i didn't have a accident from that. but this goes to show ya check your own machine often. got a new wheel and first 600mile check up free from dealer.