New exhaust and power commander?

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm thinking of buying a two bros exhaust system for my S2 and I'm have a couple of questions if somebody could help. Firstly, do I have to insatall a power commander as well?Also, what differences would I see regarding perfomance. They look and sound great but is that all?

fz6xlr8r

Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest.....If you want aftermarket cans, get them for the look and sound, don't even worry about hp gains. Some brands need power commanders, others don't. Either way, if you do get a little power gain it's nothing that's going to pin your ears back if you know what I mean.

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
Performance gain will be minimal.

With just a straight swapping of the cans (not removing CAT) you can get away with NOT needing a PC. If you did cans and removed the CAT, then you might want a PC.

I plan on getting a Two Bros and not bothering with the PC. The added cost of a PC is not worth the minor, if any, HP gain to me. I have seen a lot of guys using the Two Bros without PC's.

My main goal for getting aftermarket Two Bros are:
#1. Looks
#2. Sound

The minimal HP gain is not my main objective and not worth sinking abouther $350 for a PCIII IMHO.

christod1

Just a member
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
To be honest, I like the way they sound and look. But I was also hoping they might fix up the torque the bike has or has not till the 6000rpm mark.